• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Forest learning their lessons well. They already own Awoniyi and Wood who are far better, Origi who was their 3rd striker (on stupid money) started 6 league games last season. Yeah, definitely need to fill that void and throw more money at someone.

We can and should do better than Adams.

Nurse, can you check on Jinky please I think he is going to have another episode...
You can’t account for Forest levels of stupid. It’s like they’re playing real life Fifa career mode & just sign whoever they can, even though they don’t need them.

You can’t account for Forest levels of stupid. It’s like they’re playing real life Fifa career mode & just sign whoever they can, even though they don’t need them.
Christ, the drugs worked quickly!

Liam says we're still in the 'race' to sign Adams but face strong competition from Forest, Brentford, Southampton and some German clubs

Channy is a good finisher when he hasn’t got to think about it. I don’t believe he can hold the ball up particularly well or bring other players in to the game because of his dodgy touch, so I wouldn’t be too comfortable having him as our first choice number 9.

Having only him plus “one other” leaves us short again. I will be absolutely gobsmacked if they haven’t learned a lesson re; squad depth after this season and up top is where we lack it the most.

It’s not as if he has a perfect injury record either!

Having only him plus “one other” leaves us short again. I will be absolutely gobsmacked if they haven’t learned a listen re; squad depth after this season and up top is where we lack it the most.
Would you? We didn't with Raul. I'm confident GON wouldn't want that situation and equally as confident he'd be ignored

Under GON he’s more suited to playing centrally now than in a wider, creative position.
Gary likes him down the middle.

Might be my memory (or cognitive bias) but I think a fair chunk of Hwang's goals came from a bobble/deflection into his area rather than genuine combinations. You can't count on that as strategy. The whole "right place right time" so reliant on luck. And if he's not getting those fortunate chances then he spends most of the game tearing around fucking stuff up.

I conceded a while back that I'll never make sense of him. How can you score those goals vs Newcastle and Brentford this season but also control the ball 20 yards FFS.

Back