• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Uhhhhhhhhh
Read that as sarcasm.

Doesn't change the fact they're on this timeline:

So basically he’ll be fine then, it’ll be the usual
Can’t sign anyone as seasons finished, players are on holiday.
Can’t sign anyone as players are away at the euros.
Can’t sign anyone because players are back in pre season training.
Can’t sign anyone as players are playing in pre season friendlies.
Can’t sign anyone as the transfer window isn’t open.
Can’t sign anyone as the season has started and players are settled.
Didn’t sign anyone, but we really tried, honest.

Guess it says something about the state of things that I took it as serious.

I assume the “better options available to us” have already laughed at our measly wages compared to other clubs so we’ve now gone back to Dia with our tail between our legs.
We haven't done anything by the sounds of it...his agent has come to us and other clubs.

It's easy to be uber negative on the club at the moment, so we don't need to make up stuff to be angry about

If the club is waiting over a month again we're fucked and behind the eight ball on yet another transfer window.
PSR accounting period ends 30th June. Unlikely there will be much movement anywhere in the Premier League.

I mean, make us an offer we can't refuse...
I assume given his career to date (40-50 league games at every permanent club more or less) this means his agent [I'm guessing] is probably trying to move him on again?

Senior career*
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2010–2013Lorient II31(0)
2012–2013Lorient14(0)
2013–2015Marseille II4(1)
2013–2015Marseille41(2)
2015–2017Juventus29(3)
2017–2021Southampton46(2)
2019–2020Galatasaray (loan)20(0)
2020–2021Fulham (loan)28(1)
2021–2023Nice46(2)
2023–Wolverhampton Wanderers54(4)

I wouldn't want Dia, he's an arse. Behaved appallingly last Summer

Being used to bump up the fee and his wages when he arrives at Champions League qualifiers Atletico Madrid.

I'd be delighted with the ~£7m it'd take for him to count as a net £0 cost in this year's PSR calculations.

I'd also be surprised if anyone wanted to pay that for someone who scored 4 SPL goals in half a season for Rangers. Nuno Capucho scored more than that.

Back