• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

There will, as numerous clubs need to sell before then
Not much they can do unless clubs are willing to buy. Might be some movement of players out of the Premier League but there are many clubs who will wait until July before bringing players in. Except Manchester City, the rules don't apply to them.

On a football basis he's probably correct but he's effectively criticising the party in the arrangement who have set him and his family for life and got nothing to show in return. His old club were handsomely rewarded, he was, his dad was, his agent was. We are the only loser in all of this.

Not much they can do unless clubs are willing to buy. Might be some movement of players out of the Premier League but there are many clubs who will wait until July before bringing players in. Except Manchester City, the rules don't apply to them.

They can still agree deals and just book it/make it official later anyway.

These have either been agreed or are very close, so far even if not officially announced. (Just ones I have seen, There will be more than these as well)

Ross Barkley to Villa
Daichi Kamada to Palace
Chadi Riad to Palace
Luis Guilherme to West Ham
Ibrahim Osman to Brighton

They can still agree deals and just book it/make it official later anyway.

These have either been agreed or are very close, so far even if not officially announced. (Just ones I have seen, There will be more than these as well)

Ross Barkley to Villa
Daichi Kamada to Palace
Chadi Riad to Palace
Luis Guilherme to West Ham
Ibrahim Osman to Brighton
Brentford agreed to sign Igor Thiago as early as mid-February

Fuck off Fabio. Absolutely useless prick. Worst signing in the clubs history IMO.
Guedes is worse, at least with Fabio there was the unknown factor, maybe this was the next generational world class striker that had been tearing up Academy football (swiftly dispelled after his debut)

Guedes has always, always, always been fucking wank

Guedes is worse, at least with Fabio there was the unknown factor, maybe this was the next generational world class striker that had been tearing up Academy football (swiftly dispelled after his debut)

I dunno, man. Guedes at least had some sort of senior established profile in football about him when he arrived. We obviously found out pretty quickly that he had no intention of being here, but based on Fabio's comments today, he didn't either - but set us back £35m, his dad got a massive bung out of the fee - and he was absolutely pathetic (plus extremely dislikable) while here. The bloke's a prize pillock - so he wins the award of "worst transfer" for me. I can wholeheartedly understand your nomination for Playstation-Face though.

It's bizarre that he's been so forthright whilst he is still at the club, fair enough if he'd found another permanent club and was banging them in, but...

Prick.

At least Guedes had some pedigree, a good season with Valencia and several caps for Portugal, so you could at least slightly justify the fee.

With Fabio? No.

Edit: what Jinky said 👆

It's not just that Guedes is a prick with a face like a smacked arse. I must have seen him 15+ times before we signed him and he was without exception the worst player on the pitch every time, proper competition winner stuff.

His career record is dreadful too, that rogue season for Valencia is the only time outside of Benfica B that he's ever topped 5 league goals.

If you're spending that kind of money on an established player then it's fair to expect that they don't look massively out of their depth against Gillingham.

It's bizarre that he's been so forthright whilst he is still at the club, fair enough if he'd found another permanent club and was banging them in, but...

Prick.
He's always been ready to spout shit to any journalist who wants to listen.

The quicker we can get the guy out of the club the better.

I assume the “better options available to us” have already laughed at our measly wages compared to other clubs so we’ve now gone back to Dia with our tail between our legs.
Doesn't tell us anything I didn't already post the other day in that Italian article about his situation. Of course we're still going to be interested if he can be bought for a cut priced fee or even nothing

Doesn't tell us anything I didn't already post the other day in that Italian article about his situation. Of course we're still going to be interested if he can be bought for a cut priced fee or even nothing
Yeah, same with the Adams "story". Southampton were always offering him a new deal regardless, Russell Martin doesn't want him to leave and has already said it should never have got to this point with his contract. Whether he signs it or not is another matter.

Back