• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Not picking on anyone specifically, but ESR is too much of a gamble at £30m because he's barely played in 2 years, but we expect to get £60m for Neto who has played at an elite level for 3 months in 3 years?

Not picking on anyone specifically, but ESR is too much of a gamble at £30m because he's barely played in 2 years, but we expect to get £60m for Neto who has played at an elite level for 3 months in 3 years?
The club might expect that but I'd be surprised if more than 10% of posters on here think we'll get that kind of bid

Good point but when he was fit last season Neto was outstanding - levels above anything ESR has ever produced. Hopefully two teams agree and we can push his price up to Nunes levels of “snatch their hands off”.

Good point but when he was fit last season Neto was outstanding - levels above anything ESR has ever produced. Hopefully two teams agree and we can push his price up to Nunes levels of “snatch their hands off”.

Smith Rowe got 10 league goals a couple of seasons ago, Neto’s never got more than 5…

I mean you could argue that Emile Smith-Rowe hasn't scored a league goal since April 2022. Outside of his one good season he has scored 4 league goals (2 of them in the Championship for Huddersfield) and he's 24 next month.

Guedes had one good (well good-ish) season once and look how that worked out.

If we're spending £30M on a player who can't get in the Arsenal team (we won't obviously) I'd be more interested in Fábio Vieira. 2 seasons there now and it doesn't look like there's any way in for him.

I mean you could argue that Emile Smith-Rowe hasn't scored a league goal since April 2022. Outside of his one good season he has scored 4 league goals (2 of them in the Championship for Huddersfield) and he's 24 next month.

Guedes had one good (well good-ish) season once and look how that worked out.

This is true, I’m just playing devils advocate tbf!

People need to forget transfers for at least a month and have a break!
Just seen people talking about Alzate on Twitter!! This is where we are with the transfer window currently!!

You're discussing his quality, goal scoring history, alternative 30mill players, comparing him to Neto, it's definitely being entertained!
You have such a strange grasp of comprehension. Everyone is saying reasons why he won't be signed.

You have such a strange grasp of comprehension. Everyone is saying reasons why he won't be signed.
I'm amazed it's even being discussed, it's ridiculous!

If that means I have a "strange grasp of comprehension" that's fine.

Replies seem to think we would be overpaying at $20m.

People need to forget transfers for at least a month and have a break!
Just seen people talking about Alzate on Twitter!! This is where we are with the transfer window currently!!
If the club is waiting over a month again we're fucked and behind the eight ball on yet another transfer window.

Back