• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If agree he's not a left sided forward but from the right and given the right coaching he'd be superb. He needs to up his shouting but his passing and creativity is superb.

Wed have Cunha tucked in on the left side as he has done most of the season and RAN from the right.

We'd need 2 new wing backs for that to be truly effective.

It's pretty much what Glasner and Alonso are doing and I think it could work.

You'd think getting 2 wing backs (I think However is an option here even though others don't) is much cheaper than getting new attackers.

1 x LWB
1 x CB (somebody with organisation)

It's the cheapest of the cheap but then we are where we are.
Yeah his shouting is terrible. Easiest piece of coaching any of the staff will ever have but they’ve all failed him. Get Blessed in for an afternoon and he’ll sort him out.

If agree he's not a left sided forward but from the right and given the right coaching he'd be superb. He needs to up his shouting but his passing and creativity is superb.

Wed have Cunha tucked in on the left side as he has done most of the season and RAN from the right.

We'd need 2 new wing backs for that to be truly effective.

It's pretty much what Glasner and Alonso are doing and I think it could work.

You'd think getting 2 wing backs (I think However is an option here even though others don't) is much cheaper than getting new attackers.

1 x LWB
1 x CB (somebody with organisation)

It's the cheapest of the cheap but then we are where we are.

Rodrigo Gomes & Francisco Moura would be 2 quality options on either side as wing backs. Rodrigo is very attacking, Estoril have even played a more defensive option at RWB at times and moved him into the front 3, but there's nothing wrong with that as long as the team remains balanced.

Think we'll see one of Sessegnon or Doughty in on a free though which I'd be less enthusiastic about.

Yeah his shouting is terrible. Easiest piece of coaching any of the staff will ever have but they’ve all failed him. Get Blessed in for an afternoon and he’ll sort him out.
Id love to see that as a stat in FM

Atletico are signing Rodrigo Gomes for €15M

Atletico are signing Rodrigo Gomes for €15M
I know there's sometimes very little you can do when clubs like this become interested in your targets but this has annoyed me more than usual.

The reality is we've probably missed out on this guy because we're waiting to make a sale or to count the outgoing in the next set of accounts.

This guy is going to be a superstar, he was available at a low price and all the reports in Portugal were suggesting that we had a deal agreed.

I'm normally one to preach patience at the start of a transfer window but it's so obvious what's about to happen. The next 2 and a half months are going to be so fucking painful as we dither around and miss out on target after target and the chance to get players bedded in early slips away. You'd think we'd learn from our mistakes but you just know it's going to be a last minute scramble to get players over the line, complete with all of the overpaying and panic buying that saw us spurt the thick end of €30M on Jean-Ricner Bellegarde & Santi Bueno last summer.

Fuck Fosun

Yeah but Jeff's in China for the summer with no access to phones or emails apart from when he fancies sending some nonsense replies to STHs

I know there's sometimes very little you can do when clubs like this become interested in your targets but this has annoyed me more than usual.

The reality is we've probably missed out on this guy because we're waiting to make a sale or to count the outgoing in the next set of accounts.

This guy is going to be a superstar, he was available at a low price and all the reports in Portugal were suggesting that we had a deal agreed.

I'm normally one to preach patience at the start of a transfer window but it's so obvious what's about to happen. The next 2 and a half months are going to be so fucking painful as we dither around and miss out on target after target and the chance to get players bedded in early slips away. You'd think we'd learn from our mistakes but you just know it's going to be a last minute scramble to get players over the line, complete with all of the overpaying and panic buying that saw us spurt the thick end of €30M on Jean-Ricner Bellegarde & Santi Bueno last summer.

Fuck Fosun

You only have to look at the deals already happening for clubs at our level, it's bollocks that you have to wait for international tournaments and other clubs to make moves and always has been. When asked about transfers and players in one of his press conferences towards the end of the season GON said he needed to wait until the season ended to sit down with the club to discuss what we needed and what we could do. Those conversations should have happened in January when it was clear we were already safe. Nothing like being proactive and forward planning eh.

Playing devil's advocate, we don't know that that's what happened. We could have been pushing to get the deal done but the player wanted to wait, knowing European clubs might be interested.

Playing devil's advocate, we don't know that that's what happened. We could have been pushing to get the deal done but the player wanted to wait, knowing European clubs might be interested.

BLAME JEFF!

Seems Boulaye Dia is still set on a move to the Premier League. Salernitana have apparently accepted an offer of €10m plus bonuses from Lazio in order to get rid of him, but the player has refused it.

He refused to come off the bench back in March and he got frozen out by the club, who have taken legal action against him for the fee of €20m (what they paid for him from Villareal) and reduced his salary. That legal action is still outstanding and awaiting a ruling. The player also now wants to be able to move on a free transfer because of all this legal wrangling.

I know we used to have a "no dickheads" rule for signings, but it seems a no brainier to get him given that our need is currently greater than our principles. Especially if he suddenly becomes available on a free. I assume we are waiting to see what happens with that ruling before making an offer again.

Last edited:
On free or €20M, with an attitude worse than Podence, it can only end one way.

Yeah it's seems folly to tie up budget in him even if it's just weekly wages, like a less talented version of Edmundo.

Seems Boulaye Dia is still set on a move to the Premier League. Salernitana have apparently accepted an offer of €10m plus bonuses from Lazio in order to get rid of him, but the player has refused it.

He refused to come off the bench back in March and he got frozen out by the club, who have taken legal action against him for the fee of €20m (what they paid for him from Villareal) and reduced his salary. That legal action is still outstanding and awaiting a ruling. The player also now wants to be able to move on a free transfer because of all this legal wrangling.

I know we used to have a "no dickheads" rule for signings, but it seems a no brainier to get him given that our need is currently greater than our principles. Especially if he suddenly becomes available on a free. I assume we are waiting to see what happens with that ruling before making an offer again.
It’s not a ‘no brainer’ now there are much better options available to us

Back