• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Looking forward to the reaction on here when we sign Sessegnon and come the first team sheet of the season, Matt Doherty starts at left wing back.

I’d have him. He’s a decent footballer at bare minimum and I can’t complain at adding one of those. Also feels like he’s been dicked around a bit by Spurs.

24 too which is actually younger than I was expecting when I just checked. Was thinking he would be on that Adam Lallana range where people keep talking about "when he develops more" even when he was 29.

There is no way he’s coming here. Not a chance.

We don’t sign players like him and certainly not on the wages he’d be wanting.

Non starter. He’ll stay in London on London wages.

There is no way he’s coming here. Not a chance.

We don’t sign players like him and certainly not on the wages he’d be wanting.

Non starter. He’ll stay in London on London wages.
His stock has plummeted, he's no longer the wonderkid he was supposed to be.

His stock has plummeted, he's no longer the wonderkid he was supposed to be.

Totally agree. But it has plummeted as low as us, unfortunately.

Palace, West Ham and maybe even Fulham (again) will be all over signings like this one - and won’t think twice about paying the wages, either.

He's done nothing since his Fulham days. This is a signing on a level with the Delle Ali nonsense at Everton. At his peak, would be excellent but seems his peak has been and gone.

The article is by that Peter O'Rourke I think he got some things right in the past but no idea how reliable he is now.

Anyone know if Callum O’Connell is reliable? Please tell me he is!

He won’t be, unfortunately.

Lop saw Kilman play on numerous occasions and so, unless he was looking the other way, certainly won’t be paying £40m quid for him.

He won’t be, unfortunately.

Lop saw Kilman play on numerous occasions and so, unless he was looking the other way, certainly won’t be paying £40m quid for him.
I know there is generally a massive downer on Max in the TWF universe but let's not forget.

The Champions of Italy (at the time) bid £30m last summer and we insanely rejected it and demanded £35m....one of those reasons for rejecting that bid was to try and keep JL happy as we were selling all the players he didn't want and it upset him.
He is also a manager that had given the thumbs up to sign Cresswell in anticipation of RAN leaving and has rocked up at WH and Cressers has signed a new deal. So, he can clearly spot a top top top defender which ever way he is looking

Kilman was a member of Lop's team that was pretty solid defensively (particularly at home), so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lop will be in for him, especially if Zouma is leaving.

He's also by all accounts a top pro, never gets injured and is 27, so a good age.

Back