• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Harsh on Liam! I don’t mind him as much as some of his equivalents anyway…

Quite promising though, although I assume he will go to Atleti if their interest is real
He can get in the sea.

Came out swinging against the price rises but then got right back in his box with that article about a 'U-Turn' & a 'victory for fan power'.

Silly season isn't it?

We're going for ESR for £30mill.
We're selling Lemina for £4mill
We're selling Mosquera for £5mill

Ridiculous indeed, on all of the levels.

Silly season isn't it?

We're going for ESR for £30mill.
We're selling Lemina for £4mill
We're selling Mosquera for £5mill

Ridiculous indeed, on all of the levels.
We're giving Matt Doherty, 31 year old free agent with absolutely NO interest in him from anywhere, a three year deal.

Oh wait, that was last year.

We're giving Matt Doherty, 31 year old free agent with absolutely NO interest in him from anywhere, a three year deal.

Oh wait, that was last year.
Despite watching him since what feels like 1984, I’ve decided to keep tabs on him and see how he fares in next week’s friendly for Ireland before I commit to an opinion.

Despite watching him since what feels like 1984, I’ve decided to keep tabs on him and see how he fares in next week’s friendly for Ireland before I commit to an opinion.
On that note, some reaction to an Instagram post of his popped up on my Facebook this morning. A picture of him playing for Ireland in the week (think he played 45 mins).

Man, if you think I don't like him, try reading what their fans think of him these days. All similar themes, shit attitude, limited ability to start with and laughable fitness, but they properly hate him.

Hate is a very strong word, Kenneth.

I hate Dean Saunders, I'm not sure I hate Matt Doherty. I hate how I feel watching him.

On that note, some reaction to an Instagram post of his popped up on my Facebook this morning. A picture of him playing for Ireland in the week (think he played 45 mins).

Man, if you think I don't like him, try reading what their fans think of him these days. All similar themes, shit attitude, limited ability to start with and laughable fitness, but they properly hate him.
Couple of things here.......we played Hungary in that friendly this week and beat them 2 - 1......yep , we actually won a game against a decent team .
I know , I know.....end of season friendly and all that , Hungarians looking after themselves in advance of the Euros etc , but right now a win for us is worth an awful lot . We'll take it with both hands thank you very much .

Secondly - was listening to a half time analysis on the radio , and for the first time ever I heard two Irish pundits have a right go at Doherty for being lazy , not willing to track back ,totally disinterested etc .
I had heard bits and pieces before , but never that critical from Irish pundits ( one was a former LOI player and another was a journalist / commentator ) .
He was hooked on 45 minutes and Coleman wasn't - says enough .

Thirdly - Sammy Szmodics has now finally agreed to play for us as has Tom Cannon . Szmodics is 28 to be fair , but scored 27 League goals for a struggling Blackburn last season plus a few more cup goals . We'll have a bit of that thanks . Cannon - still a bit unknown as to his potential , but again - a lot more promising than what we had been dealing with for the last 10 odd years .

Couple of things here.......we played Hungary in that friendly this week and beat them 2 - 1......yep , we actually won a game against a decent team .
I know , I know.....end of season friendly and all that , Hungarians looking after themselves in advance of the Euros etc , but right now a win for us is worth an awful lot . We'll take it with both hands thank you very much .

Secondly - was listening to a half time analysis on the radio , and for the first time ever I heard two Irish pundits have a right go at Doherty for being lazy , not willing to track back ,totally disinterested etc .
I had heard bits and pieces before , but never that critical from Irish pundits ( one was a former LOI player and another was a journalist / commentator ) .
He was hooked on 45 minutes and Coleman wasn't - says enough .

Thirdly - Sammy Szmodics has now finally agreed to play for us as has Tom Cannon . Szmodics is 28 to be fair , but scored 27 League goals for a struggling Blackburn last season plus a few more cup goals . We'll have a bit of that thanks . Cannon - still a bit unknown as to his potential , but again - a lot more promising than what we had been dealing with for the last 10 odd years .
I like Szomdics, would be surprised if he doesn’t get a decent move.

Back