• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I would say twisting things is what you've done with your first post.

How anybody can think the squad is balanced is on some sort of mind altering drug.

Its patronising nonsense.

Including players we had out on loan last season and not likely to have this season too is completely disingenuous. There's no net gain there.

Players like Cundle or Hodge will only be included in September if they have to fudge the HG quota. Then be out on loan anyway.

Whatever we had available post January plus Mosquera is what we should be basing first team squad size on. And it's well short in lots of areas, regardless if technically Fabio or Podence have to come back to the club at some stage during the off-season.

Including players we had out on loan last season and not likely to have this season too is completely disingenuous. There's no net gain there.

Players like Cundle or Hodge will only be included in September if they have to fudge the HG quota. Then be out on loan anyway.

Whatever we had available post January plus Mosquera is what we should be basing first team squad size on. And it's well short in lots of areas, regardless if technically Fabio or Podence have to come back to the club at some stage during the off-season.
Another who can’t read!
I’ve only included Mosquera and Chiquinho (who is confirmed as being looked at in pre-season) back in the numbers.
I’ve not included anybody else and we are at 23 first team players whilst needing another striker to add to that group. So 24 players is a full squad regardless of what you think of the quality. We then have to sell quite a few and replace them to upgrade that quality.

Easier to tell someone they can’t read, count etc etc I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Sa/Bentley/King
Semedo/Doherty
Kilman/Dawson/Toti/Mosquera/Santi
RAN/Bueno
Gomes/Lemina/Doyle/Traore
Sarabia/Neto
Cunha/Hwang
Bellegarde/Chiquinho

Plus new Gomes if he signs I make that 23 but obviously many aren’t good enough and some will leave anyway but GFFH hasn’t disputed that.

Sa/Bentley/King
Semedo/Doherty
Kilman/Dawson/Toti/Mosquera/Santi
RAN/Bueno
Gomes/Lemina/Doyle/Traore
Sarabia/Neto
Cunha/Hwang
Bellegarde/Chiquinho

Plus new Gomes if he signs I make that 23 but obviously many aren’t good enough and some will leave anyway but GFFH hasn’t disputed that.
Indeed, you can get 23 bodies from anywhere.

It's when you add position context that you see his claim that we are a striker away from a complete squad is laughable.

Why didn't we buy that clause for a million or so 2 years ago?
Maybe that tells us what they really did think his likely value was, before the number seemed to get severed from all kinds of logic.

Let's see, sell Max for £45m and basically not be weakened, or sell Pedro for £60m and lose one of the best attacking options we have? Mmm, tough choice.

Id be delighted with half of that for Mild Max. (y)

Go on Julen!!

Last edited:
Didn't the Maidenhead thing get answered on here last year? I'm sure that it wasn't as high as was reported?

Indeed, you can get 23 bodies from anywhere.

It's when you add position context that you see his claim that we are a striker away from a complete squad is laughable.
They aren’t bodies from anywhere. They are first team players contracted to us and players expected to be back for pre-season.

He’s added positional context above with the way he’s written down the squad but you still claim to be right!

They aren’t bodies from anywhere. They are first team players contracted to us and players expected to be back for pre-season.

He’s added positional context above with the way he’s written down the squad but you still claim to be right!
I think you’re struggling to understand really. The issue isn’t if we have numbers, or if people can or can’t count to 23 (certificate on the fridge for you sir). It evidently IS about the composition of the squad and how much work is needed to improve that, in a context where people who can read (the form table) can see that needs addressing. The number 9 is a case in point. I don’t think there’s much mileage in a thread that elides that conversation purely on the basis that we have bodies. The current cabinet has all the roles filled today for example, but…

I don't know how Villareal are going to be able to afford him some of the figures thrown about in the last few days seem far too low

Back