• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don't know how Villareal are going to be able to afford him some of the figures thrown about in the last few days seem far too low
Also they apparently need to lose plenty off the wage bill to comply with La Liga's rules, no Europe for them next season which puts a dent in their income.

It's why we probably need to find another home for PlayStation Face.

I think you’re struggling to understand really. The issue isn’t if we have numbers, or if people can or can’t count to 23 (certificate on the fridge for you sir). It evidently IS about the composition of the squad and how much work is needed to improve that, in a context where people who can read (the form table) can see that needs addressing. The number 9 is a case in point. I don’t think there’s much mileage in a thread that elides that conversation purely on the basis that we have bodies. The current cabinet has all the roles filled today for example, but…
What I read that GFFH said was that we have pretty much a full squad and that to improve it players will need to leave and players need to be attracted. I didn’t read anywhere that he wrote that the current squad is good enough.

What I read that GFFH said was that we have pretty much a full squad and that to improve it players will need to leave and players need to be attracted. I didn’t read anywhere that he wrote that the current squad is good enough.
Here you go:
Post in thread 'The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.' https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threads/the-summer-2024-transfer-thread.38438/post-1716260

Included Semedo twice and spuriously claimed Chiquinho and Bellegarde are left sided options.

Didn't the Maidenhead thing get answered on here last year? I'm sure that it wasn't as high as was reported?
Maidenhead chairman confirmed a few months ago they have a sell on clause for Max but didn't say what the % was.

Here you go:
Post in thread 'The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.' https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threads/the-summer-2024-transfer-thread.38438/post-1716260

Included Semedo twice and spuriously claimed Chiquinho and Bellegarde are left sided options.
Dear me 😂
Semedo is counted once. Just pointed out in a crisis he can be 6th choice centre back in a hybrid right centre back role
Chiquinho and Bellegarde have both operated a lot in the left sided forward role. Comfortable on both sides.

Dear me 😂
Semedo is counted once. Just pointed out in a crisis he can be 6th choice centre back in a hybrid right centre back role
Chiquinho and Bellegarde have both operated a lot in the left sided forward role. Comfortable on both sides.
Chiquinho has never played left side for us.

Bellegarde only played when nobody else available as he played in an odd LWB role a couple of times and false 9 in others. I notice you didn't include him there.

Just face it, GoN knows we only have 1 forward and he doesn't really trust him and we have 1 left sided option.

Numbers or not the squad is not balanced, Lop and GoN have both said so, but I guess you're right.

If the West Ham link is true, then I think we've found the answer to the Kilman/Napoli conundrum. Clearly it was Lopetegui's red line, we backed down and he fucked off anyway.

Chiquinho has never played left side for us.

Bellegarde only played when nobody else available as he played in an odd LWB role a couple of times and false 9 in others. I notice you didn't include him there.

Just face it, GoN knows we only have 1 forward and he doesn't really trust him and we have 1 left sided option.

Numbers or not the squad is not balanced, Lop and GoN have both said so, but I guess you're right.
I’ve put them in their primary roles. If you asked them, they’d say left side or inside left are where they see themselves. Bellegarde very versatile. Put him where you like!

The point is these squad players need to be sold first and then we can bring in replacements to improve the quality.

I’ve never once said we don’t need a centre forward or two. He does trust Hwang though.

Balance has been lacking. Width mainly GON pointed out and we’ve already added two. If we sell Chiquinho I’m sure you’ll see a winger come in

I’ve put them in their primary roles. If you asked them, they’d say left side or inside left are where they see themselves. Bellegarde very versatile. Put him where you like!

The point is these squad players need to be sold first and then we can bring in replacements to improve the quality.

I’ve never once said we don’t need a centre forward or two. He does trust Hwang though.

Balance has been lacking. Width mainly GON pointed out and we’ve already added two. If we sell Chiquinho I’m sure you’ll see a winger come in
Have you asked them?

Seems the word “complete” has generated the last two pages. The squad would be complete in terms of numbers but far from complete if we want anything but a grim relegation battle. By
August practically every team will have more numbers than spaces and players will be loaned out. “Complete” was a poor word to use as everyone knows we need to balance things up irrespective of how many players we currently have.

If we get offered £30m again and don't take it I'd be annoyed
Are we doing a competition to see who can get annoyed at turning down the lowest bid for Max?

I'll go with turn down £10m and I will be annoyed

Equally if we accepted a player swap with Lop's fave left back for Max I would be annoyed

Manager issues being ignored (which I get is big) I feel relatively okay with everything as it currently is compared to last year, I'd not want this as the final squad come September 29th onwards but it's a start.

There are issues, lack of a true central attacker, Doherty and Bentley being severely lacking as options, but feel like as long as work goes in and changes happen I will be mote hopeful than heading into last year, post Julen.

Manager issues being ignored (which I get is big) I feel relatively okay with everything as it currently is compared to last year, I'd not want this as the final squad come September 29th onwards but it's a start.

There are issues, lack of a true central attacker, Doherty and Bentley being severely lacking as options, but feel like as long as work goes in and changes happen I will be mote hopeful than heading into last year, post Julen.
The biggest issue this summer will be who we lose and how/if they are replaced.

Back