• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think all most people want is a coherent transfer strategy.

That means stop;

- Signing children for £35m
- Having a taps on taps off approach
- Ignoring massive gaps in the squad LB this season, CF in the past
- Stop signing players who patently don't want to be here
- Not backloading a transfer fee owed
- Have succession planning in place. If we're buy low sell high we should be all in on that and shouldn't have the gaps above if we know the first XI are here for a good time not a long time
- Don't lie to supporters who have eyes and can clearly see otherwise
What you're talking about with the children comment basically happened in one transfer window and I'd say that we have learned our lesson and that is why Hobbs is in place. We've definitely made some good signings since January 2023. I don't agree with you re: taps on and off. That happened under SJH, but Fosun have always invested in the playing squad at all levels, only now they are more prudent.

A succession plan is difficult to do in football but I think we have something of that in place with the youngsters we have been signing.

I do agree with you about the communication issues and the squad issues though. The left back position is a bit dumb but I kind of get going with what we have at CB and then assessing in January.

We spent money it's just greedy fuckers like you who think we can keep splashing out 35M to 40M on a player each time that come out with comments like this.
There really aren't enough laughing emojis for this comment.

Hilariously inept. Although I do enjoy your musings in a Walter Mitty thousands of miles away cluelessness that is normally reserved for American tourists trying to work out the metric system.

Last edited:

Hilariously inept. Although I do enjoy your musings in a Walter Mitty thousand of miles away cluelesdness that is normally reserved for American tourists trying to work out the metric system.
We do not claim him AFAIK

We spent money it's just greedy fuckers like you who think we can keep splashing out 35M to 40M on a player each time that come out with comments like this.
We spent £80m on 2 players irrespective of fit and desire to be here because Guo and Mendes told us to in the Summer of 2022. The rest of your post isn't worthy of my time

I would imagine taps on/off would relate too in this window couple in early, then sit back untill a last couple of days before deadline day - especially when manager has said about wanting squad in for pre season ideally, not game week 2/3

Hilariously inept. Although I do enjoy your musings in a Walter Mitty thousand of miles away cluelesdness that is normally reserved for American tourists trying to work out the metric system.
hat-tips-the-rules-of-gentlemanly-etiquette-for-hats-or-hatiquette-wolf-and-iron.jpg

We spent £80m on 2 players irrespective of fit and desire to be here because Guo and Mendes told us to in the Summer of 2022. The rest of your post isn't worthy of my time
And Hobbs was appointed in November 2022.

And Hobbs was appointed in November 2022.
Hobbs since getting the SD role

January window where we had to spend because we had fucked it up previously.
Summer: Told he had some money, then none - signed King and Doc. Got some cash at the end after the Nunes sale
January: Fuck all to spend despite our urgency to sign forwards
Summer: Money available, then nothing extra, then a bit but not enough to get his main targets over the line then allowed to spend £20m on a player.

Essentially he doesn't know from one day to the next what Jeff is going to free up.

He is probably expecting a decent budget for January but equally expecting to be told he has nothing

Last edited:
Hobbs has no more say on spend or top down strategy than anyone on here does. He's paid to enact whatever Fosun's whim is at any given time. You only need to see GONs comments from this week to see that.

Edit, what Kenny said

And yet, we have signed Cunha, Bellegarde, Bueno, Traore, Gonzalez, Doc, King, Doyle, Lemina x 2, Meupiyou, Lima, R Gomes, Johnstone, Andre, Larsen, Forbs and probably one or two others I've missed in that time. Obviously Fosun aren't supporting the club.
Fucking comedy central here sometimes.

And yet, we have signed Cunha, Bellegarde, Bueno, Traore, Gonzalez, Doc, King, Doyle, Lemina x 2, Meupiyou, Lima, R Gomes, Johnstone, Andre, Larsen, Forbs and probably one or two others I've missed in that time. Obviously Fosun aren't supporting the club.
Fucking comedy central here sometimes.
Oh Walter...

You could add Sarabia and Dawson to the list and it still wouldn't address the point anyone has made.

Back