• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don’t think many of us would question Nunes’s footballing ability, when he actually fancied showing it.

If you're asking me whether I think he has technical ability then I would say yes, he has it in abundance.

However he is a midfielder who rarely scores or creates goals, can't defend and routinely goes through spells in games where he forgets how to pass the ball three yards, so I have no idea what he actually is.

If you're asking me whether I think he has technical ability then I would say yes, he has it in abundance.

However he is a midfielder who rarely scores or creates goals, can't defend and routinely goes through spells in games where he forgets how to pass the ball three yards, so I have no idea what he actually is.

Not sure the first paragraph is that clear cut - how many times did he shank it out of play under little pressure or completely underhit a simple pass? He shooting was largely laughable too.

He carries the ball well but that's about it as far as I can see, purely instinctual and any time he has to engage his brain to fit into a team he's found wanting.

I refuse to start one of those shitty redundant welcome threads but Meupiyou has signed. Five year deal.

Interesting they've chosen to state on the official site that he can play LB.

Seems just like an out and out not for sale to me. They've already got north of £100m this window once the Vitinho deal is confirmed, so don't need to from a financial perspective

Last edited:
They will end up stuck with a disgruntled player though if the reports of Koleosho wanting the move are correct

Seems just like an out and out not for sale to me. They've already got north of £100m this window once the Vitinho deal is confirmed, so don't need to from a financial perspective
Its no different to us saying £120m if you want J Gomes, for example. Not for sale unless you pay a ridiculous amount.

As I touched on last night, if we're a) moving to 4-3-3 with the signing of Andre and b) not selling/loaning anyone, we don't need another wide player anyway. We already have way, way too many to only fill one spot because no-one is displacing Cunha and only Strand Larsen can play up front properly.

We can't replace Neto like-for-like in terms of quality because someone ready-made like that won't join Wolves. I mean the one we had didn't want to stay at Wolves.

Its no different to us saying £120m if you want J Gomes, for example. Not for sale unless you pay a ridiculous amount.

I agree I have no problem with it, they're just saying we don't want to sell if you want him you will have to pay a ridiculous fee. The only problem they have is, if the media are to believed he isn't happy about the situation and wants the move so they will have to handle the fall out of it carefully.

I agree I have no problem with it, they're just saying we don't want to sell if you want him you will have to pay a ridiculous fee. The only problem they have is, if the media are to believed he isn't happy about the situation and wants the move so they will have to handle the fall out of it carefully.
I would guess some of that is social media bollocks. If he was being a twat about it, they would be in talks with us. Probably would like to return to the Prem but not going to go all Nunes on them

They will end up stuck with a disgruntled player though if the reports of Koleosho wanting the move are correct
The player has indicated he wants away and Wolves are reported as offering £20m.

Maybe if we’d been active before they’d sold so many other players they’d have been more likely to do a deal. Now they’ve sold so many they can play hardball

We should go for Morgan Whittaker instead, I must be missing something as to why he hasn't been snapped up yet

Back