• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think Nelson would be better than Chiquinho or Hwang as a right winger tbf, but he’s not particularly good from what I’ve seen
He's very average.

I thought we might go back for Forbs.

I quite like Carlos and he's a proper beast of a player. Think he would be a good signing.

I quite like Carlos and he's a proper beast of a player. Think he would be a good signing.
I’d take him as well, would improve our back line no end. Prone to a red card though I think if memory serves me correctly (it rarely does).

So if more come in then definitely more will go out?

Charlatan cunts.

Thing is if we do manage to get in a winger & centre back then Chiquinho & Bueno wouldn't be needed. It would make sense to try and recoup something from them at this stage, especially as they both still hold some value and Chiquinho in particular has strong interest from multiple clubs.

I'd say the same applies to Sá & Cundle after the arrival of Johnstone & André (although they might think twice about Cundle if Bouba's injury is as bad as feared).

Thing is if we do manage to get in a winger & centre back then Chiquinho & Bueno wouldn't be needed. It would make sense to try and recoup something from them at this stage, especially as they both still hold some value and Chiquinho in particular has strong interest from multiple clubs.

I'd say the same applies to Sá & Cundle after the arrival of Johnstone & André (although they might think twice about Cundle if Bouba's injury is as bad as feared).
Bueno is such a weird one - I watched him on Wednesday and thought he’d be perfect to slot straight in to the first team. Experience has shown it won’t work out though.

He's very average.

I thought we might go back for Forbs.

I don't know much about Forbs but based on his scouting reports he looks a good fit for that touchline hugging LW position. That position might not exist in whichever new system we go for now.

I think I saw him being linked with Lyon last night as well.

Carlos is a good player. I think if Mosquera is going to play significant minutes this season he might need a cooler head alongside him though.

Bueno is such a weird one - I watched him on Wednesday and thought he’d be perfect to slot straight in to the first team. Experience has shown it won’t work out though.

Yeah, I feel like O'Neil made his mind up early on with Bueno. He was very reluctant to bring him into the team last season and when he was given minutes he was wildly inconsistent.

Again, begs the question of why we signed him in the first place?

He still looks like he could be a good option though, I cba to look but imagine he’s not played more than 3 or 4 consecutive games.

I don't think Bueno has looked a good option so far at all tbh, he did look better the other night (albeit against much weaker opposition than we will ever face in a league game) hopefully if he is still here, he will look better after a year of adapting to the pace of the league. Probably also depends on if we try to use a high defensive line going forward as that's not going to work with him at CB as he runs like a turtle wearing ankle weights.

Wasn't he essentially part of the Nunes deal without being directly involved?

Needed a CB and took an easy deal

Yeah, he was at Girona - majority shareholder City Football Group - they sign Nunes and we get Bueno within 24 hours. They chucked us a bone.

Looks like Cundle is heading back to Stoke

I’m as unconvinced by Mosqera as I am with Santi, to be honest.

I feel like most of the anticipation is around everyone needing him to do well rather than anything we’ve seen.

Looks like a Toti replica, to me.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

I could be wrong of course but we had to have a last second dash as Lord Shi allowed us to spend money after Nunes went
You do see often that players from abroad take time to settle/get up to speed. Remember when dendonker signed he didn’t start a game until December?

I guess maybe around that time was when we were hitting from so if it isn’t broke don’t fix it?

Did come out of left field the signing I’m
Memory serves though

Still want a winger. Chiquinho could then go. Reiss Nelson if Arsenal get one in? Just speculating there.

If we get a centre-half then Santi more than likely to go. Diego Carlos mooted if Villa get somebody in. Heard they’re in for Chalobah.
I know the opposition was poor but Santi looked very solid against Burnley.

The Guardian's transfer day liveblog says we're interested in Chabolah.

Back