• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Sounds like something you'd say just in case the Johnstone deal doesn't happen.

Sa and Johnstone would be a pretty strong 2 given our backups since promotion were an over the hill Ruddy, Sarkic who the manager didn't fancy and the not fit for purpose Bentley. There's no chance they will both be here once the Saudi window closes though. It's totally contradictory to the way the club is being run

"Wolves have acted on their interest by sending an offer of £250,000 plus add-ons for Sutherland. St Mirren are said to have immediately rebuffed Wanderers’ approach as they hope to keep hold of one of their highest rated prospects."

Fucking £250k!! 😂 We're such miserly cunts.

"Although predominantly a wide midfielder, Sutherland can also play in either full-back position, so he could offer great versatility for any potential suitor. The 18-year-old has made just four senior appearances for St Mirren but recently enjoyed a successful loan at Scottish League One side Alloa Athletic.

Sutherland, gaining his first regular experience of senior competitive action, scored two goals and made six assists in 18 matches for Alloa. The teenager will be looking to further his progression this season."

Another one for the LB list.... 🙄
It's Scotland.. we could buy St Mirren for that... they should count their lucky stars.

If Johnstone is coming in as back-up/competition for Sa and as a replacement for Bennett, then I would be reasonably happy. Next target, a CB PLEASE!!!

If Johnstone is coming in as back-up/competition for Sa and as a replacement for Bennett, then I would be reasonably happy. Next target, a CB PLEASE!!!
But if we’ve spaffed half our transfer budget on a spare keeper you’re not going to be happy. Misery awaits!

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw the absolute shite we have as back up to Sa in pre-season.
My point being is we’ve only got £20m to spend, why are we spending half of it on a backup goalkeeper when there are more pressing areas that need improving.

Didn`t see we only had 20m to spend, I revoke my last post. :)

The "we've only got £20m to spend" line could just be something the club has put out by way of expectation management so that when we end up spending ..say.. £30m.. enough Twitter sycophants will say how generous our overlords are.

Kid from St Mirren having his medical today. Officially leaves £19.7m in the budget, until the kid from France is confirmed today/tomorrow, which will leave £15.5 but then Sam Johnstone will be £10m, so we have £5.5m to sign that PL ready CB and persuade Burnley to let us have Koleosho.

Everyone ready for the Friday morning tweet from Liam "Wolves not giving up hope of signing players but expecting a quiet day with a few players leaving on loan"

Last edited:
The Johnstone story - haven't seen that confirmed anywhere , except that we are now turning our attentions towards him - which means the sum total of nothing .

The Johnstone story - haven't seen that confirmed anywhere , except that we are now turning our attentions towards him - which means the sum total of nothing .

No. Ornstein reported that it was close, he is one of the most reliable journalists you will find..

Back