• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Didn’t they buy him for £24m? So they’ll want to make a bit of profit on him & are probably factoring in inflation. Wolves will know this information so could at least offer them their money back, but that’s not the Shi way.
Will presume our £20m is because there will also be a loan fee on top that pushes it close to £30m and they want that fee + £30m.

No doubt a breakdown on % of wages as well. He is on at least £130k a week.

Seem to be focused on a homegrown keeper.

It's OK, Palace will want just above what we are prepared to pay.
I think the more accurate way of putting this is that we will offer just below what we know Palace want...

Not a great look going cap in hand to Johnstone either, when we have publicly been chasing a different target. How many times have we seen players say “I came because I knew of their interest early” and “everyone wants to feel wanted” etc etc etc.

Will Johnstone really want to come knowing he wasn’t our top target? Maybe he won’t care, who knows.

Not a great look going cap in hand to Johnstone either, when we have publicly been chasing a different target. How many times have we seen players say “I came because I knew of their interest early” and “everyone wants to feel wanted” etc etc etc.

Will Johnstone really want to come knowing he wasn’t our top target? Maybe he won’t care, who knows.
Players don't care. They know clubs look at multiple people.
Whoever signs as the forward for Forest will know they have been bidding for loads for example.

Players don't care. They know clubs look at multiple people.
Whoever signs as the forward for Forest will know they have been bidding for loads for example.
He'll want to know Sa is off though I'd have thought.
My prediction Sa and Johnstone go for similar fees, we sign a Mendes client and he takes a drink on 3 of the 4 deals this week.

He'll want to know Sa is off though I'd have thought.
My prediction Sa and Johnstone go for similar fees, we sign a Mendes client and he takes a drink on 3 of the 4 deals this week.
Sa will be off.
Might not be this week though. Saudi window will be open for another month.

Essentially Jorge is whoring a player around as Valencia need to sell him. Benfica might be interested if they sell a player and we might be interested because its still a thing to link a Jorge whoring exercise with Wolves to ensure you get some hits on Twitter

Like the old days of eBay when you would get a mate to bid up items you were selling.

Ornstein reporting it as good as done. £10m. 4 year deal.

Will presume our £20m is because there will also be a loan fee on top that pushes it close to £30m and they want that fee + £30m.

No doubt a breakdown on % of wages as well. He is on at least £130k a week.
Appreciate it's not this straightforward, but it would seem a bit weird for us to pay more for the player they're keen to offload, for more than they paid for his replacement, owing to their desire to upgrade?

Happy to eat a massive crow on this, but am not thrilled about that Sam Johnston news, think he is a bottom 5 keeper. Can't believe they'd spend £10m on him, and worse with the intention of being a No1.

Pleased too see some forward planning on the Johnstone deal. Ideal for next season.

Great deal for Jeff as he can pay 10 for Johnstone and then sell Sa to Saudi for more and not re invest it as their window doesn't close for a couple more weeks.

Back