• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I actually think the young French CB might be our only signing this week.

They have well and truly fucked it up... AGAIN.

I actually think the young French CB might be our only signing this week.

They have well and truly fucked it up... AGAIN.
Not a fuck up if your plan is to spend as little as possible.

3 windows in a row, a raging success for Jeff Shi.

Lose tomorrow, and I think we will, and it might be a bit different.

At some point the crowd has to flip doesn't it?

We have only briefly had that when Scotty S was doing his stuff and got the full force of the anger, surely now the South Bank and co are going to turn on Jeff? What more do they need
You’d have thought so but I still don’t think it’d make much difference.

Jeff thinks he’s doing a bang up job and that’s all that matters.

E&S say the Ramsdale deal not completely dead but will need a serious shift from one of the clubs. I would say, pay attention at the back

Wolves wanted to take Ramsdale on loan and were prepared to include a £20million obligation to buy in the deal

Arsenal want at least £30m on the obligation

There's still a reluctance to go directly at Fosun. Sellars had little merit, but he was the wrong target. You see the odd comment on here and much more on Twitter about the best period they've had supporting the club etc (which is also true in my case), that seems to act as a shield of eternal gratefulness for some.

If the next few days pan out the way most on here think and the next half a dozen games the way I do, then I think he's getting it as there's nobody else to take the flak- GON is largely popular and only the delusional think Hobbs has any real power. By Palace at the start of November it'll be toxic if the results are poor. The only thing saving him before that is the level of home opposition.

Do we think that they’d go on a January splurge if we’re in the bottom 3 by then like we did before? If so, it makes all the penny pinching even more pointless right now.

Do we think that they’d go on a January splurge if we’re in the bottom 3 by then like we did before?
Probably going to spend all that budget on paying off GO and his team

Do we think that they’d go on a January splurge if we’re in the bottom 3 by then like we did before? If so, it makes all the penny pinching even more pointless right now.
I think they would to a degree if we were in the bottom 3 and not say 10 points adrift. Last time it was obvious, but if we were 16th for instance Shi isn't smart enough to recognise that could still lead to relegation in the second half of the season, it'd be seen as on target.

Also if we were to reboot, you aren't attracting a manager the calibre of Lopetegui again or having a World Cup to bed in his philosophy.

We have only briefly had that when Scotty S was doing his stuff and got the full force of the anger, surely now the South Bank and co are going to turn on Jeff? What more do they need

It's true, if they don't, it's at that point people have the owners they deserve.

It got me thinking about the ticket prices generally though, and you look at the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough who's cheapest tickets are £560/574 and both average low-mid 20,000's. Boro have flirted with the play offs a couple of times and Wednesday flirting with League One so maybe football fans or the wider British public are just accepting of having the piss taken out of them.

Sheffield Wednesday haven't been in the top division for a generation FFS. Maybe we're the weirdos who give it up.

E&S say the Ramsdale deal not completely dead but will need a serious shift from one of the clubs. I would say, pay attention at the back

Wolves wanted to take Ramsdale on loan and were prepared to include a £20million obligation to buy in the deal

£30m seems a bit high for him

At the risk of being told to “buy a ticket and start it yourself” by Tredders again, I was surprised there wasn’t more anger vented towards Shi/Fosun at the weekend. Particularly as Gaz seems pretty popular so isn’t going to get any of the brunt.

It’s a sad reflection of where things stand, though. It’s more apathy then anger.

Didn’t they buy him for £24m? So they’ll want to make a bit of profit on him & are probably factoring in inflation. Wolves will know this information so could at least offer them their money back, but that’s not the Shi way.

Back