• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

"ooooh someone has put a bid in for a player we like....bit much for us but lets keep watching and see how it plays out lads. nothing better to do between now and Friday evening have we?"
I assume “continuing to monitor” means a quick glance to check we’re still not paying what they want, then continuing with their day.

Wankers.

No way Brentford let him go with the uncertainty around Toney anyway.

I just presume at this stage Hobbs is just constantly asking Jeff to release more transfer funds

go-on-father-ted.gif

Our main competitors in the race to sign Ramsdale have now signed, or are about to sign, keepers. Meaning Aaron Ramsdale will remain on the bench for Arsenal this season

Last edited:
It seems bizarre they still haven’t addressed the three or four obvious problems with our squad as failure to do so is very likely to see their asset diminish in value massively.

We've got history for it. 2 years ago we sold a number of centre halves, last season we were scrambling for a centre forward in the summer window, didn't sign one and then shipped two more forwards out in January.

Should have this on the back of the shirts instead of that 'One Pack' nonsense
The way we are selling and not replacing players, it'll soon be changed to 'Pack of One'.

I assume “continuing to monitor” means a quick glance to check we’re still not paying what they want, then continuing with their day.

Wankers.

No way Brentford let him go with the uncertainty around Toney anyway.
Apparently Toney has already said yes to a 3 year £60m ( 😮 ) deal in Saudi

It's a good thing that any reports linking us to paying actual money for actual players are nonsense, otherwise I'd be really concerned over the reports about how the club keeps on going after outspoken homophobes to play for us.

Southampton in for our old pal Yuri "the backheel" Alberto.

Our main competitors in the race to sign Ramsdale have now signed, or are about to sign, keepers. Meaning Aaron Ramsdale will remain on the bench for Arsenal this season

We are obviously waiting until the last minute when another club will decide that an England goalkeeper is worth a punt for no transfer fee for a year.

While we loyally stick with the guy that throws one in the back of our net every single week.

Apparently Toney has already said yes to a 3 year £60m ( 😮 ) deal in Saudi
Off to Chelsea according to Sky Sports. I have absolutely no idea how they're getting away with it.

Is it possible we’re playing high stakes poker and know clubs like Chelsea will become increasingly desperate to loan out players not in their squads? It seems bizarre they still haven’t addressed the three or four obvious problems with our squad as failure to do so is very likely to see their asset diminish in value massively.

This would imply we have a hand in the game or are even at the table playing, we aren't.

I can’t believe I’ve defended these motherfuckers for the last two years. Fucking. Fuck ‘em.

The players, staff, and supporters all deserve better.

As it stands Ramsdale would make little difference. Sa is an issue, he's not close to the biggest one though. Put him in goal on Sunday and the score is probably still 6-2

Yep. Ramsdale has been relegated before, in the wrong team it could happen again. He's a good goalkeeper but he's not a 'saves you 10 points a season' goalkeeper.

Back