• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

£20m is too much for Koleosho though. He's only 19 and already had one major injury. Too much of a risk for that price.

Meanwhile, Plymouth want £15m for Morgan Whittaker.

It’s inevitable that this season will be a massive struggle I hope we can avoid relegation but it will be hard what’s frustrating is over the years trying too become an established premier league team should be our aim and pushing on for more but it seems that we constantly sell our best players granted for a profit but we never seem too replace them over the years our team is just becoming weaker and the only outcome too this will be what we all dread and if fosun can’t see this then they should just move on and sell us for someone who’s a lot more ambitious

Very hard to see us doing any business between now and Friday close of business that would be in the ' worth talking about ' category . There will be some departures no doubt ( permanent / loan ) , of players who can't make a match day squad and are not even close . There might even be an incoming or two of squad players , but nothing major you'd have to suggest .

Work with what we have seems to be the motto .

I don't understand why fosun want to have the liquidity. Surely the best distribution is to keep the amount of spare cash to a minimum and have as much capital tied up in the players as possible.

What event can they see where having spare cash would be useful?

I've seen suggestions we are limited as Fosun are not putting in the the £30m a season required for PSR freedom. Not sure if thats true though..

I've seen suggestions we are limited as Fosun are not putting in the the £30m a season required for PSR freedom. Not sure if thats true though..
Yeah, that's nonsense.

It's a personal guarantee from the owners to cover any losses which I'm sure they will sign.

They just want to operate at a profit and have a healthy balance sheet for a sale. I can't see why they would operate this way otherwise.

Yeah, that's nonsense.

It's a personal guarantee from the owners to cover any losses which I'm sure they will sign.

They just want to operate at a profit and have a healthy balance sheet for a sale. I can't see why they would operate this way otherwise.
Totally agree - we've clearly been up for sale for a long time but either no one is interested or they want too much money..

Linked with Mostafa Mohamed now.

Looking forward to us bailing out over 2m quid.

Well if true Nantes recently accepted around £12m for him from a Saudi club

Which means our first and final offer will of course be £10m

Don't know anything about that (him refusing to play/wear a rainbow themed armband etc) - so won't comment, but I was going to say for 10-12m euro we could do a lot worse. He's quick/strong, has a good touch - is good in the air - and can play wide or through the middle. He'd be an instant upgrade on Hwang in terms of the role we asked him to play on Sunday. Obviously not great that he's refused to play in those circumstances, though.

Don't know anything about that (him refusing to play/wear a rainbow themed armband etc) - so won't comment, but I was going to say for 10-12m euro we could do a lot worse. He's quick/strong, has a good touch - is good in the air - and can play wide or through the middle. He'd be an instant upgrade on Hwang in terms of the role we asked him to play on Sunday. Obviously not great that he's refused to play in those circumstances, though.

It's beyond not great. I do not want a man like that representing my club.

It's beyond not great. I do not want a man like that representing my club.
Yeah. Situations like that are weird. You wonder what goes on in the players head, or who is advising them. I mean, there's no possible positive outcome from it.

Is it possible we’re playing high stakes poker and know clubs like Chelsea will become increasingly desperate to loan out players not in their squads? It seems bizarre they still haven’t addressed the three or four obvious problems with our squad as failure to do so is very likely to see their asset diminish in value massively.

Back