• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Well thanks for your very useful and informed opinions on how other people spend their money.
Hang on, you're saying people renewing their STs and not being "angry"* are simple.

*if people are really, genuinely angry, then they DON'T renew do they - like Dan for example?

It's a paradox.

Hang on, you're saying people renewing their STs and not being "angry"* are simple.

*if people are really, genuinely angry, then they DON'T renew do they? It's a paradox.

What about people with kids who'd be heartbroken if Dad says we're not going anymore?

I'm angry, I'm not going. But I'm just me. I don't have to consider anyone else in this situation.

There will be thousands of Wolves fans who sucked it up and it will barely have even registered.

Doesn't make them simple.
Thousands, I really doubt it. There are some, a couple post on here, that will almost pay whatever, I'd suggest they are in a significant minority though. Most paid through gritted teeth - I chose not to, but I understand why someone would take the alternative view, as Dan says though they are enabling the behaviour. Shi doesn't care whether you paid happy, or "sad" as long as you did.

It also makes them simple if they don't notice an extra £100+ going out of their bank.
I suppose very high earners wouldn't notice an extra £100 here & there going out of their bank. But what % of our fanbase that covers, God knows.

Depends on how much of his wages they cover, would need to be at least half. He's not in their first 11 though. Couldn't see us signing him permanently next Summer at nearly 33 though

I’ve always felt what Zaha did at Palace seemed quite under appreciated but I thought in his last season there his legs were starting to go. We can be more creative than this surely

Zaha on loan with reasonable % of wages covered would be nice.

Absolutely zero chance of that happening due to his wages.

Next.

I don't want us to sign players who aren't interested. Zaha is a good player but he's got previous for thinking he's too big for his own country, nevermind Wolves.

Thousands, I really doubt it. There are some, a couple post on here, that will almost pay whatever, I'd suggest they are in a significant minority though. Most paid through gritted teeth - I chose not to, but I understand why someone would take the alternative view, as Dan says though they are enabling the behaviour. Shi doesn't care whether you paid happy, or "sad" as long as you did.
Shi doesn't care, no.

And there will be thousands who will pay whatever, it was already costly enough where an extra 20% wasn't going to break the back if they already have enough disposable income. Many paying close to a grand a season in the upper Billy aren't going to feel too upset paying a bit more, that's football now and what Shi was gambling on.

My argument though was the seemingly universally agreed statement that you're "simple" if you renewed but weren't angry, unless you have kids.

It's just so condescending, but a symptom of this place just lately I guess.

*If you don't agree with the same 5 or 6 posters on here, you must be thick, and will be bullied until you do or can't be arsed to post anymore.
*If your podcast doesn't agree with TWF it's shit.
*If politically you're not quite in line, you'll be talked to like an extremist.

So nuanced.
So lovely. :)

Last edited:
*If you don't agree with the same 5 or 6 posters on here, you must be thick, and will be bullied until you do.
I don't agree with this. I've always said what I think irrespective of whether the view is in a minority, majority or only held by me. A few emojis aren't going to stop me.

As for bullied, it's an online forum, you can only be bullied if you allow it, unless you are being contacted via alternative means? That's not victim blaming, just perspective about this platform versus real life. You have choices.

The podcasts are objectively shit.

I don't care if someone agrees with me or not but if you're not even close to coherent then I'm not going to bother listening.
Not even close to coherent?

You genuinely struggle to understand what people are saying on Wolves podcasts? Which ones?

I don't agree with this. I've always said what I think irrespective of whether the view is in a minority, majority or only half by me. A few emojis aren't going to stop me.
Quite.

Without tooting my horn I'm quite a prominent poster on here. Did I care when I disagreed with pretty much everyone on Lage? No. He was a fucking berk.

Back