• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

You can have £20m out of that £94m...... Don't be sad Matt.

Arsenal are desperate to shed Ramsdale and so there is no way anyone should be rushing to let them make money on him from what they paid. According to a mate Blades only got £21m for him in the end as the rest was incentives not hit, and even if that isn't accurate there is no way he is worth 25m when compared to the 27m they paid for Raya.

Yeah each passing day I feel vindicated not to renew. I had a brief spell in pre season when I thought I was going to miss it but now the thought of handing them money and justifying their pricing far outweighs that. Particularly when they are blatantly taking the piss, not even trying to hide behind anything anymore.

People acting surprised on Twitter “putting the prices, selling Neto and Kilman then signing nobody”. Zero sympathy
I have absolutely no regrets about it.

I'll be back one day. And I'm not blaming anyone for biting the bullet - it's our club, not theirs. But if you did...you can't say you weren't warned. That's what you signed up to.

Meanwhile that stupid wee boy on Twitter thinking we have a wage bill out of 2001 :D And that's who Matt Hobbs leaks stuff to. The mind boggles.

Is it worth pointing out the context of the bit in the tweet or that it isn't a quote from Fosun?

No idea what Phillips' relationship with the club is tbf.

Meanwhile that stupid wee boy on Twitter thinking we have a wage bill out of 2001 :D And that's who Matt Hobbs leaks stuff to. The mind boggles.
Don’t know why anyone watches or listens to the Talking Wolves podcast/videos. It’s a useful page to keep up to date with the links etc, as they literally post everything, but their self produced content is extremely average. Think their target audience is a fair bit younger than you or I, also. No idea why Hobbs seems to leak info to that Dave lad. He’s ultra smug now and was bad enough before!

The only Wolves podcast I listen to weekly is Wolves Fancast. I quite enjoy their stuff and they regularly go in hard on Fosun & “Jeff Moxshi”. Worth a go if you haven’t already. I do admit quality Wolves content is quite tough to find. Maybe you should start a podcast and have members of this board as weekly guests 😉

I tend to listen to about half an hour or so of the e&s one most weeks. The portion after the bantz and before the match preview. You sometimes hear something you haven't seen on here or Twitter. All the fan ones are exactly that and not my cup of tea.

Not specifically about Anel, but we do tend to be quite sniffy about players who move elsewhere don't we? Only to be left with O'Shea and other dregs.

Maybe it's time we re aligned our expectations (just like Fosun want us to)

I didn't want him for all the reasons discussed, but on a football level it improves them. He'll be their 9th signing, so need to be careful they don't go too Forest

Maybe it's time we re aligned our expectations (just like Fosun want us to)
cvtnqy2q2kd51.jpg

I didn't want him for all the reasons discussed, but on a football level it improves them. He'll be their 9th signing, so need to be careful they don't go too Forest
Neither did I for the same reasons, but he'd improve our squad too.

When you look at some of our rivals signings we are being left behind, whilst also having fans who are saying "didn't want him anyway" as though there is a feeling we will be doing better business.

We won't be doing better business.

Back