• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Where's @GoldFlagFlyingHigh when you need him?

He just have the inside scoop on transfers, he's been so spot on all summer, he must know about Ramsdale and O'Shea.

O'Shea is rapid and as tall as stated then.
Looks to have a knack of being around trouble but not solving it as well. A shorter, quicker Maximilian if you will.

Unless his height and speed have been listed incorrectly, but I’m not opening that can of worms 🤔

Well thank god Arsenal want a loan with an obligation for Ramsdale. No need to fret about about the Albyun bastard coming now is there..

How much is O'Shea supposedly going to cost? If it's anything north of £15m or so I'm assuming they're seeing him as a starter? I don't get the point, just seems like another body. Is he really any better than Toti, Bueno and Dawson?

How much is O'Shea supposedly going to cost? If it's anything north of £15m or so I'm assuming they're seeing him as a starter? I don't get the point, just seems like another body. Is he really any better than Toti, Bueno and Dawson?
£15m and yes, although I'd say not better enough. He's also played left (and right) back so Hobbs can add him to his list of players who won't be very good, but can play there.

£15m and yes, although I'd say not better enough. He's also played left (and right) back so Hobbs can add him to his list of players who won't be very good, but can play there.
I'd disagree with that, I don't think he's any better than Toti but he's a quicker than Dawson and Bueno just not a better footballer.

I think the rumoured fee is £10m.

I don't see the point in signing crap for the sake of it.

Feel like I read more about Johnny most days on here than I do Wolves at this point!

I don't like Ramsdale very much, not keen on his attitude and seems to regularly let in soft goals he should be doing better on. Considering his size his reach isn't that good. Would rather keep Sa. I'm not sure there was ever a serious argument for him to be England's no.1, Pickford is much better. It's not a big deal for me personally but the West Brom links would mean fans don't take to him if he makes mistakes.

I know Burnley played some quite suicidal tactics last year but even without them O'Shea seemed quite poor quality also?

Both links leave me feeling like this is going to be another window where we mostly sign filler and crap.

Am I missing something with Ramsdale? Yeah okay he’s a cock but Sá cropped his hound’s ears so he ain’t all that.

In football terms I remember Ramsdale being largely fantastic for Arsenal? Which stuck out to me because I remembered him getting slated when he moved there.

The clear problem that people have re a new centre back is that fans were hoping for an experienced head to go alongside Yerson and guide him through the season , to enable him to fulfil the potential he clearly has - and even if Yerson wasn't there , they wanted an experienced player anyway - a younger Dawson if you will .
O' Shea isn't that experienced head , and his level is what it is , nothing special and no better than either Bueno or Toti . Why therefore just add another player of modest ability even if the heart is willing ?

Mention of Dawson - people seem to be writing him off as just a bench player right now , or is it because they believe that O'Neil wants to play a 4 at the back and the thinking is that he does not have the pace for that ?
A fit Dawson is still a player not to be ignored I would suggest .

A fit Dawson was our best CB last season, we just haven't seen that in 2024.

His signing should be a reminder that good players don't have to be overbuys or fit a certain age bracket.

A fit Dawson was our best CB last season, we just haven't seen that in 2024.

His signing should be a reminder that good players don't have to be overbuys or fit a certain age bracket.
When he was signed , and Mario , people were not overly excited at the time - however , both had PL experience and that has counted for a lot I would suggest .
Look at how long it takes for players with no PL experience to settle into a team .

I’d be delighted if we signed Ramsdale. I’m not bothered how much he loves Albion or if he can act a bit of a cock sometimes, he’d be an upgrade in a position we need to improve.

We’d never pay what Arsenal would want for him though.

If it’s true that we still have hardly any transfer budget then Ramsdale and Jota on loan and a budget CB are probably the best we could hope for, however unlikely the first two options are.

Back