• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

That's a really good article and a fair summary of where we are right now.

Only thing that puzzled me was when he said Forbs would be a Neto replacement. I've never watched him play before but from the available scouting reports it seems like he'd be more of a competition for Rodrigo wide on the left than Sarabia/Podence/etc tucked in on the right.
He looked very left footed on his highlights. Though he has played 4 of his 5 starts for Ajax on the right this season, but can apparently play both sides. Obviously the inverted winger role for him then mainly.

He's 6"1 😂

Scored three PL goals last season for Burnley so obviously carries a threat from set pieces. He's homegrown & judging on the posts above is speedy. I stand to be corrected, though - as I honestly don't remember watching him although I obviously have at some point!
He's as much 6'1" as you are.

Having seen him he's barely 5'10".

This is what being an armchair fan is. All the opinions without actually seeing the game.

Genuine question: are you saying that on all football stats websites his height is wrong? Like he’s just lied about it and no one has ever checked or looked at him?

Genuine question: are you saying that on all football stats websites his height is wrong? Like he’s just lied about it and no one has ever checked or looked at him?
Is that not the norm?

It’s basically an open secret in the professional leagues here that all height listings are spotting the player one or two inches.

I wouldn't have thought he lied about it but clubs often do put the wrong height on club websites and then all the other websites scrape the data from there.

I also love that the Johnster watches game and measures the players on the Molineux pitch....the rage when they clearly don't stand as tall as their stats state...
Meh, 10 years as a professional scout you get to know who has their height wrong in a profile on a club website and in real life.

Is that not the norm?

It’s basically an open secret in the professional leagues here that all height listings are spotting the player one or two inches.
Some clubs are certainly generous with their heights.

Doris de Vries was definitely one who was optimistic with his official height. I walked past him once on Waterloo Road and he's not much taller than me. A couple of inches at best. And I'm about as tall as Michael Owen.

Listed as 6'1''.

Back