• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Well, we will miss their insider information. Not often we get such a reliable source...
He has been pretty reliable, said a couple on here, but not everything dont come on much anymore.

The better than everyone else attitude, and some of the cunts on here make it more like M Mix every day

giphy.webp

Burnley trying to sign Worral from Forest....O'Shea is on people.

Apparently Ramsdale is on 150k a week at Arsenal with his latest deal. I can't see any of the teams linked with him going for that. (Us, Ajax, Southampton and Bournemouth from what I have seen elsewhere)

O'Shea is fucking terrible
Ramsdale is a fucking arsehole

What is Hobbs doing?
Hobbs is just an employee I suppose . Even if he does identify a top up and coming centre half / goalkeeper , they first of all must want to come here , their terms and conditions must match ours and they must be flexible enough to fit into the way O' Neil wants to play .

The 1st depends a lot on the 2nd one . Hobbs is given a set of parameters I would assume and he has to stick to it .

J Gomes and Yerson look like very good business , but they are hard found .

I think there's a strong chance that neither O' Shea or Ramsdale will arrive .

Apparently Ramsdale is on 150k a week at Arsenal with his latest deal. I can't see any of the teams linked with him going for that. (Us, Ajax, Southampton and Bournemouth from what I have seen elsewhere)
We won't pay that or the colour of it .

Well we have apparently offered to pay most of it. So got a wage budget to cover it or a plan to cover that includes Sa, Silva and maybe Guedes being removed to ensure we can accommodate the addition

Hobbs is just an employee I suppose . Even if he does identify a top up and coming centre half / goalkeeper , they first of all must want to come here , their terms and conditions must match ours and they must be flexible enough to fit into the way O' Neil wants to play .

The 1st depends a lot on the 2nd one . Hobbs is given a set of parameters I would assume and he has to stick to it .

J Gomes and Yerson look like very good business , but they are hard found .

I think there's a strong chance that neither O' Shea or Ramsdale will arrive .
I always wondered what Hobbs did...

He’s pretty good in the air but I wouldn’t say he reads the game that well which playing in a higher line I think is very important. He’s not slow I guess but he’s also not left footed which is what I thought we wanted!

His passing is OK but not really a progressive type.
Can't read the game, gets caught flat footed and is at least 2 steps slower in his head than attackers at this level.

He's shite.

Don’t get the concerns about Ramsdale. Until Arteta messed him about with Raya, he was excellent for Arsenal and had a real claim to be England’s no 1
Mine aren't really footballing concerns, other than him not being good enough with his feet as would be ideal. The Albion stuff doesn't bother me individually, but I do think it'd be a ticking time bomb. David Kelly was never really accepted by some and he didn't make the type of comments/actions that Ramsdale did. Assuming Sarabia goes he'd on double what any of player is, which normally backfires.
For me the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

In recent terms yes, but there are several much lesser known players who were also track athletes or better. James Jett who played for the Raiders, also had a gold medal for the 100m relay. Devon White or what ever he was called that was on the Eagles Practice squad recently potentially another I would expect to beat Hill.

There is another former 100m champ from way back too who ran close to 10 flat.
John Ross, not Devin White. Still in training camp, but he won't make the 53.

I actually don’t think we can “afford” what Burnley will demand for O’Shea anyway so don’t worry guys
£7m to £25m after a season playing for a team that got humped every week. Had one other season in the PL which also ended in relegation. He's done well to bolster his reputation based on that. I don't mind him, but not for the way GON wants to play. I see him as a head it and kick it centre half, a bit like Toti, not one you want pushed high. I'm surprised by the speed stats, you must be correct about being slow of thought as that doesn't stand out on the pitch in the way it did with a pre injured VVD for instance.

But shorter, much shorter.
He's 6"1 😂

Scored three PL goals last season for Burnley so obviously carries a threat from set pieces. He's homegrown & judging on the posts above is speedy. I stand to be corrected, though - as I honestly don't remember watching him although I obviously have at some point!

Bully didn’t do a knee slide and then follow it up with a ‘boing boing’ in front of our fans either.

There’s also that viral clip of Ramsdale saying he can’t concentrate for 90 minutes.

The lad has talent, but he comes across as a complete knobber.
Agreed. Comparing Bull to Ramsdale is ridiculous.

Back