• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I’m underwhelmed by some of Hobbs’ recruitment in the past 12 months but important to remember he too keeps having the rugged pulled from under him. Still, if we want to find better value for a fee and wages a relegated team isn’t it.

What is he lacking?
He’s pretty good in the air but I wouldn’t say he reads the game that well which playing in a higher line I think is very important. He’s not slow I guess but he’s also not left footed which is what I thought we wanted!

His passing is OK but not really a progressive type.

I actually don’t think we can “afford” what Burnley will demand for O’Shea anyway so don’t worry guys

Don’t get the concerns about Ramsdale.
On the whole its not about his ability...........its about the person we think he is.

No doubt he acts the cunt in a Wolves top and he will have loads of fans and be adored but some (me) are more stubborn than others when it comes to changing their mind...

I would be very surprised if we get this one over the line though,

Our fans defy reasonable logic one has just told me that the squad is stronger because the likes of Cundle, Guedes & Chiquinho are back. I pointed out none of them are close to the level we need. His response was you’re not a coach so you’re not qualified to make that statement. My response neither are you so you can’t tell me they’re good enough.
The only qualification you need to have to know they’re not up to it is having good working eye sight.

The fastest players in the NFL generally clock in on Next Gen stats at around 22-23mph, which is 36.8kph. Which would make him as fast as Tyreek Hill, possibly the fastest to ever play in the NFL.

Don’t get the concerns about Ramsdale. Until Arteta messed him about with Raya, he was excellent for Arsenal and had a real claim to be England’s no.1.

Sa would potentially be the No1 England keeper though, it's not a strong group. Personally I feel it's Henderson's to take should he have a good rebound year and stay fit.

Sa would potentially be the No1 England keeper though, it's not a strong group. Personally I feel it's Henderson's to take should he have a good rebound year and stay fit.
None of them are perfect. If Pope had any ability with his feet then he would be number 1.

That's a really good article and a fair summary of where we are right now.

Only thing that puzzled me was when he said Forbs would be a Neto replacement. I've never watched him play before but from the available scouting reports it seems like he'd be more of a competition for Rodrigo wide on the left than Sarabia/Podence/etc tucked in on the right.

The fastest players in the NFL generally clock in on Next Gen stats at around 22-23mph, which is 36.8kph. Which would make him as fast as Tyreek Hill, possibly the fastest to ever play in the NFL.

In recent terms yes, but there are several much lesser known players who were also track athletes or better. James Jett who played for the Raiders, also had a gold medal for the 100m relay. Devon White or what ever he was called that was on the Eagles Practice squad recently potentially another I would expect to beat Hill.

There is another former 100m champ from way back too who ran close to 10 flat.

Back