• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We had 20 players in the squad last Saturday - all players with senior experience , add 3 more that were left out ( Lima , Semedo and Traore ) , brings it to 23 . Throw in Fabio and Sasa - as both are still being paid as senior players - that makes 25 .

Lets assumes Fabio leaves and is not replaced . Let's assume that Sasa does not play this season and will not be replaced ( even if he were to be advised to retire by surgeons ) .

That leaves 23 - that's fine , and I wouldn't want it to get any lower than that , i.e. if we sell one of those , then we must replace that player .
There are clubs with a good few more than that , and I don't really see the need for it .
Everyone else is augmenting the squad. We are denuding ours. And that is before you start throwing Fabio fucking Silva back in the squad to attempt to bolster the numbers, and indeed Sasa who is fucking borked for at least another year.

Neither of them will get a squad place. We will leave them empty rather than include an injured player and someone who only wants us less than we even want him.

We also have spent large tranches of the last few seasons down to absolute bare bones, and with players out of position as soon as injuries arrive, because the squad is too bloody small.

Too small, too lacking in quality, too imbalanced. All accusations that could and should be levelled at the squad. Relegation is a matter of when not if. GON should get Manager of the season if he gets this bunch anywhere near mid-table. It won't happen though (mid-table, I mean).

I know there’s a massive downer on Wolves/Fosun in general - and quite rightly so - but we’re not selling Joao Gomes this season.

I imagine he’ll go next summer as he’s the next one off the “talent/increased profit” production line. RAN/Cunha likely suspects too, I suspect.

Forbs (Ajax), Stengs (Feyenoord) and Ikone (Fiorentina) mentioned in the gossip columns today as a potential wide forward replacement for Neto.

The Stengs link is so bizarre to me.

Not saying this to be an arse, but we shouldn't be going close to a player who in the prime of his career thought THE MLS was his level.

I know there’s a massive downer on Wolves/Fosun in general - and quite rightly so - but we’re not selling Joao Gomes this season.

I imagine he’ll go next summer as he’s the next one off the “talent/increased profit” production line. RAN/Cunha likely suspects too, I suspect.
Buying young and cheap, nurturing and selling for a fat profit is fine but if you sell half your best players in one season it's suicide.

Buying young and cheap, nurturing and selling for a fat profit is fine but if you sell half your best players in one season it's suicide.
Well the idea is 1 or 2, unless a ridiculous bid rolls in for a.n.other...which is fine but what isn't fine is then banking 70% or more of it.

We all know what happens if the reinvestment back to the squad is minimal. Great thing is, most of you get to watch the car crash in slow motion and pay a fuckload of ££ to do so.

Well the idea is 1 or 2, unless a ridiculous bid rolls in for a.n.other...which is fine but what isn't fine is then banking 70% or more of it.

We all know what happens if the reinvestment back to the squad is minimal. Great thing is, most of you get to watch the car crash in slow motion and pay a fuckload of ££ to do so.
Personally I think if you sell more than 1 every season, it will be virtually impossible to integrate the new guys quick enough to stay at the same level.
If we sell Kilman, Neto and Gomes all at once we'll go down.

Personally I think if you sell more than 1 every season, it will be virtually impossible to integrate the new guys quick enough to stay at the same level.
If we sell Kilman, Neto and Gomes all at once we'll go down.
Happened to Brighton last season in a sense . Their form just dipped completely post November I think it was . Perhaps they'll bounce back this season - who knows .

Dreaming is for free
Nightmares cost £900

Where has this chat of Gomes going come from? Has there been a post deleted or something?

Pretty sure Spurs are out of headroom in PSR terms now they've signed Solanke. If they were to sell someone like Richarlison then perhaps, but he's made it clear he doesn't want to go.

Spurs have been linked with him all summer. Selling Asmobileasa Skipp seems to have got the clickbaiters out on force again.

Back