• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Brentford agree a £25m fee with Liverpool for defender van der Berg. He has a choice of Brentford or Leverkusen.

If he chooses Brentford, surely welcome to Wolves for the slow arsed dwarf that is Dara O'Shea

Not saying this to be an arse, but we shouldn't be going close to a player who in the prime of his career thought THE MLS was his level.
Dunno if he did really but

1) he literally just failed a medical
2) he’s not a winger!
3) he already had his shot at Nice and couldn’t make it count

It doesn’t make sense on almost any level.

Also, “not … to be an arse” + “THE MLS” = 🫨🫨🫨

Dunno if he did really but

1) he literally just failed a medical
2) he’s not a winger!
3) he already had his shot at Nice and couldn’t make it count

It doesn’t make sense on almost any level.

Also, “not … to be an arse” + “THE MLS” = 🫨🫨🫨
🎣

Last edited:
Why the fuck are we handing that loser a new deal. He hasn't kicked a ball for us in about two and a half years.

Totally agree. Can’t be a GON decision, he won’t have even seen him play?

Liverpool are the absolute masters at getting rid of absolute gash for tonnes of money - looks like they’re doing it again today.

Fair play. Wish we could.

Totally agree. Can’t be a GON decision, he won’t have even seen him play?

Liverpool are the absolute masters at getting rid of absolute gash for tonnes of money - looks like they’re doing it again today.

Fair play. Wish we could.
Down to talent disparity innit. Theoretically you could be quite good but not able to usurp TAA at Liverpool.

Of course, if you also can’t usurp Doherty here…

There’s really not that long left for us to get some business done, is there?

The 6”1 lad from Burnley is obviously happening (absolutely laughable that he’s our big name CB signing - the recruitment team, owners, Hobbs etc are taking the absolute piss) and we’re predictably left at the end of the window trying to offload the players we don’t want so we can do a mad trolley dash on the final day or two to get a winger over the line.

And none of the players linked appear to be an improvement on what’s already here.

It’s all so bloody predictable & boring at this point.

To be fair, loads of clubs will be doing the mad dash on the 30th and the following day full of stories of deals that arrived 0.1 seconds too late or just got over the line etc. That isn't a Wolves specific thing, just odd that so many clubs do business in this way.

Rest, well of course its predictable, although I look forward O'Shea heading in a last minute winner and us all loving him #Bennett-lite

There’s really not that long left for us to get some business done, is there?

The 6”1 lad from Burnley is obviously happening (absolutely laughable that he’s our big name CB signing - the recruitment team, owners, Hobbs etc are taking the absolute piss) and we’re predictably left at the end of the window trying to offload the players we don’t want so we can do a mad trolley dash on the final day or two to get a winger over the line.

And none of the players linked appear to be an improvement on what’s already here.

It’s all so bloody predictable & boring at this point.

I’m firmly in this camp. Makes absolutely zero sense to me.

We have literally known for a year that Neto was going this summer. Probably way before he even did, it’s been that long.

Yet, with all that in mind, we had absolutely no plan as to how and replace him.

Two weeks before the end of the window.

And still zero plan.

Baffling.

I’m firmly in this camp. Makes absolutely zero sense to me.

We have literally known for a year that Neto was going this summer. Probably way before he even did, it’s been that long.

Yet, with all that in mind, we had absolutely no plan as to how and replace him.

Two weeks before the end of the window.

And still zero plan.

Baffling.
Yet they still give it the whole “we’re prepared, we’re working hard - we know what we’re doing” shtick.

They think we’re all morons.

Yet they still give it the whole “we’re prepared, we’re working hard - we know what we’re doing” shtick.

I don't doubt they have a list (maybe even checked it twice). My presumption will be Hobbs thought he was off shopping the moment the Neto fee hit the spreadsheet. Pretty sure we would have Forbs over the line by now if he could.

No one is perfect at the club, but its all being directed by 1 man.

Yeah, that’s the reality, isn’t it?

We care much more about this club than they do.

The plan appears to be to hope some teams with big squads get desperate to offload players as deadline day looms large and consequently they will accept lower fees, just as other clubs are with the likes of Podence. The only flaw is we are going for superstars like Dara O’Shea who is starting for his club and probably doing a Michael Beale and wondering if he’s better off staying where he is if he wants more than one season in the PL for a change.

Back