• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Strong interest in Oumar Solet at centre back, but so have many teams across Europe.
Fits our profile and price bracket to a tee though.
Absolute quality and has been my first career mode signing on fifa for about 3 years now. Gerim in!

I shan’t be content until I see three pages dedicated to our new centre back.

6'4 and one of the fastest CBs in the game

(FIFA)

Feels like after getting some early signings done we have stalled with our CB efforts. I guess we have 4 at the minute though so won't be hurried into paying over the odds to get someone in.

I think with other business done and a forty million quid cheque sitting in our pocket for Captain Max we are taking a bit of time to get the CB acquisition right.

guess we maybe thought we’d have got money for Neto by now too which may impact things

Yeah O'Neil said in his interview with Keen and Judah that we wouldn't have been able to do the 3 we have without being sure of the Kilman sale. They probably did expect money for Neto but other than that i'm sure they would have hoped to have shifted a few fringe players/players not required by now for fees. We will probably be waiting for at least some outgoing movement before we move again for anyone.

I shan’t be content until I see three pages dedicated to our new centre back.
me too. maybe I’m still not used to a long stint in the Prem league but I look at our fixture list start and start pacing round the house!

866031FabRom reporting that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Neto

Chelsea bored of signing goalkeepers and random kids for 30m who will never play for them then. They’re an absolute basket case so I’m not even sure it’s much of a step up for him tbh

From a wolves-centric view we know Chelsea like to spend loads on players, so if he's going to go, then hopefully we can get top dollar for him.

From a football fan perspective, i don't think it's a great destination for him :-(

Just north of £50m according to twitter

Kilman for £40m, Neto for £50m - i'll never understand transfer values

Borges was chased by a lot of suitors last summer before landing at Ajax and absolutely stinking the place out. No thanks.

We're going to be incredibly reliant on Cunha, Hwang and Larsen.

Back