• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Yeah, I won’t feel comfortable until we get a decent centre back.

I don't know anything about Carmo, but if he is then we need another target

I don't know anything about Carmo, but if he is then we need another target

I don't either, but he was highly rated a few years ago, think his move to Porto went to shit. We probably think we can get him back on track

I don't either, but he was highly rated a few years ago, think his move to Porto went to shit. We probably think we can get him back on track
He became like the Portuguese version of Harry Maguire at Porto. Maybe a little unfair but it was a reputation built on some very high profile horror show moments. Unlike Harry Maguire who has always remained professional he was then booted out of the Porto squad for 'inappropriate behavior'. Now, this was Sérgio Conceição who booted him out so you never know what was actually going on but it's certainly a concern for me.

He had a seriously awful injury when he was at Braga as well and has always been painfully slow, even before the injury.

There have been periods where he's looked absolutely magnificent, mainly when he was at Braga. Calm, strong, press resistant, sprays passes left and right... But the next fuck up is always around the corner with Carmo.

He did well until until the final ball, I thought. He got into some decent positions then every cross seemed to be overhit. I think there is room for him in the squad.

Has he lost his rep as the 2nd best crosser at the club then after that one good one he put in

Has he lost his rep as the 2nd best crosser at the club then after that one good one he put in
Bueno is/was the best crosser at the club I thought.

Neto, Sarabia & Cunha all have much better quality on their deliveries than Bueno. They rarely do anything like aimlessly cross the ball into a crowded penalty area though as it has such a low pay off and they've got the quality to attack in different ways.

Unless he's literally on the same talent level as someone like Alexander-Arnold or Kevin De Bruyne then I don't think it's fair to expect to see him doing things like that on a consistent basis, nor should it be a marker of how good a player he is if he never crosses a ball like that again in his life. That's just not the way the vast majority of goals are scored. Crossing from deep areas like that is way down the list of desirable attributes for any wide player.

Oh yes - it is as you say a low percentage move. Lovely to see such a peach of a cross though. Maybe it's a bit of a blast from the past.

No bids in for Neto as it stands and the E&S running with £60m minimum as the price. If it gets towards the end of the window and we can't spend that money then he won't go.

(Not saying this is the reality as we saw what happened with that wanker Nunes last year, but that's the messaging coming out of the club)

Gaz wants a CH and he's hopeful Hobbs has stuff going on there.

Unless he's literally on the same talent level as someone like Alexander-Arnold or Kevin De Bruyne then I don't think it's fair to expect to see him doing things like that on a consistent basis, nor should it be a marker of how good a player he is if he never crosses a ball like that again in his life. That's just not the way the vast majority of goals are scored. Crossing from deep areas like that is way down the list of desirable attributes for any wide player.
But if he can do it, why not?

Back