• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

1) That's not Ki-Jana.
2) The developer who put the page together spelled it "Kai-Jana", which is also wrong.

Those aside, agree with Tony.

He's still contracted for a while and if he has a positive season at Sheffield United then he'll be worth a lot more than he is now. If we're not desperate for a transfer fee then I'm fine with us waiting another year before selling him.

Not when you don't have any ambition. We don't other than milking the PL cash.

Not when you don't have any ambition. We don't other than milking the PL cash.
Wasn't the plan to establish ourselves as a top half team, push on to regular European football, then challenge for the title? How times have changed.

Wasn't the plan to establish ourselves as a top half team, push on to regular European football, then challenge for the title? How times have changed.
That was the original noise, although I wouldn't actually criticise Shi for that. He got a bit giddy, but that's OK, I don't think many people.thought it was realistic. That's very different from where we are now though when 17th or above is a successful season. Even this window we currently stand at a negative spend of something like £20m

Putting aside all the cuntery of late, I still don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Fosun (or Shi) will be happy with 17th from here to eternity.

They’ve spent a lot most years to my memory, albeit mostly poorly.

Fully prepared to get checked on that.

Putting aside all the cuntery of late, I still don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Fosun (or Shi) will be happy with 17th from here to eternity.
They’ll be happy to stay up Ofcourse, no one wants to go down, but if by happy mean people will think they’ll be patting themselves on the back for finishing 17th, I doubt that will be the case.

I’d imagine the goal is most likely be a mid table, self sustaining club where they have to put as little of their own money in as possible. They’ve Ofcourse pivoted on the type of player they sign, which isn’t a bad thing.

I’m not to concerned that we’re in a negative net spend tbf. If we’ve got the players In that strengthen us, then kudos.

Albeit they have a long way to go to earning the fans trust etc back, and rightly so after the debacle of the last few years

Back