• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

That’s a shame (and a fairly disappointing attitude from Podence considering GON had left the door open for him)
As long as he hasn't been a dick about its all fine for me (and being part of game v Comoracists would indicate he isn't being a dick). He wants to go back to Greece, so off he pops if they pay up.

I never thought Podence was staying at any point. We have got loads of players that play the attacking midfield/wide positions as well.

Not really, he always wanted to go there. He was literally in tears at his last home game at the prospect of not returning.
At that point he likely thought there was no way back for him here, though. To be given that opportunity and for the door to be opened again by Gaz, only for him to say "no thanks" doesn't sit right with me.

I do agree with the general take on here, though & if he doesn't want to stay, we're better off doing whatever we can to get him the move.

At that point he likely thought there was no way back for him here, though. To be given that opportunity and for the door to be opened again by Gaz, only for him to say "no thanks" doesn't sit right with me.

If he doesn't want to be here and has probably said as much since the end of the season, then he has been a top professional in how he has handled it. Hasn't done a Nunes, instead come back when he was asked, trained as he should, kicked shit out of a racist when required etc.
Last summer he seemed to be a bit of a twat about the situation, this summer he is doing what he needs to do in the proper way. Makes life much easier for everyone to be dealt with like this.

I don't think attitude issues can be so broadly applied here (but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes either).

Is it different to any of us applying to our next role? Does that mean our attitude to our current role is poor or can we like both jobs but still want the other role? Like Kenny says, at least he's still turning up to work unlike Nunes.

I do agree with the general take on here, though & if he doesn't want to stay, we're better off doing whatever we can to get him the move.
He's already said that he feels like he didn't get the love he felt he deserved here though. The fans worshipped him in Greece and he won titles, he's obviously going to want to go back.

It's not about O'Neil, it's just one of those things (if true).

I think we all know he wants to go to Greece, but Olympiakos are seemingly pissing about over the fee of €5m which was already agreed.

Time is a great healer which is why at first thought I’d have been happy to have Podence in the squad but the reality is that I’d be ready to shoot him after a couple of pointless flicks and feigning a couple injuries.

Shocked he is only 33, if you had asked me prior to this when he scored that world cup goal I would have guessed 2006 or 2010, didn't realise it was as recent as it was.

Apparently he played well in the Copa America so his stick will be fairly high. As you say it’ll be his agent trying to get him a move.

Apparently he played well in the Copa America so his stick will be fairly high. As you say it’ll be his agent trying to get him a move.
The history of signing players who have had a good international tournament is littered with failure. Signing Rodriguez would be on a par with giving Guedes another chance.

Back