• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Luckily for them Lopetegui wants him and West Ham look like they will offer close to the £25m
Unreal if he does end up going for that, he's barely worth a quarter of that price. One decentish loan at Hoffenheim, 5-6 years ago (and that fizzled out towards the end), that's it, that's all he's ever done and he's 25 this side of Christmas.

We don't need to sell Neto at £50m do we? Depends on how much Neto wants to move I guess

We don't need to sell Neto at £50m do we? Depends on how much Neto wants to move I guess
That bit.

We will have a price we have told Jorge and won't stand in his way if someone puts that bid in.

Expecting Arsenal to bid £1m if their Bentley attempt is anything to go by

Yeah, there were games the season before last where he came off the bench and demonstrated a completely shit attitude. And games where he started he rarely did enough to keep his place IMO. So what you had was a player not good enough to start games, and played like a cunt when he was a sub.
But changed games.

As per my comment about two weeks ago, I think we’ve got a gentlemans agreement with Neto to let him go if a reasonable bid comes in. He’s done his time here.

Think the chat from the training ground when he was in his pomp is that it was “expected that Neto will leave in the summer”, but I think the second injury has put a little spanner in the works from all parties as there’s less interest, the price will have come down and we’ve unexpectedly sold Kilman

Think the chat from the training ground when he was in his pomp is that it was “expected that Neto will leave in the summer”, but I think the second injury has put a little spanner in the works from all parties as there’s less interest, the price will have come down and we’ve unexpectedly sold Kilman
Which all makes sense. The only issue there is Neto himself. I reckon he’s set his heart on leaving this summer.

Too much chatter about Neto leaving being an inevitability by the likes of LL and Judah for me to think he's staying. They'll be Mendes work at play which overcomes logic

Yeah it will still be engineered one way or other. But one of the parties is going to have to compromise.

Last edited:
I don’t mind at all if Neto goes this summer - providing we re-invest the funds on decent players.

I don’t mind the model we have - our recruitment has been fairly decent last few years - and, let’s face it, our best players are always going to look for CL football.

As ever though, totally reliant on the incoming recruitment being decent.

A few more Gomes’s and less Silva’s, please.

£50 million seems fair with his injury record, but can't see Arsenal currently stumping that up without shipping a few folk out first.

I don’t mind at all if Neto goes this summer - providing we re-invest the funds on decent players.

I don’t mind the model we have - our recruitment has been fairly decent last few years - and, let’s face it, our best players are always going to look for CL football.

As ever though, totally reliant on the incoming recruitment being decent.

A few more Gomes’s and less Silva’s, please.

Id say it's been mixed at best last summers window was pretty terrible.

£50 million seems fair with his injury record, but can't see Arsenal currently stumping that up without shipping a few folk out first.
As long as Jeff doesn't step in and insist we accept the £50m spread over 10 years or something daft like that.

Feels like with Hobbs around we’re a bit more sensible these days with things like that.

Back