• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We're ok for that for now anyway I think.

Bentley
King
Doherty
Dawson
Doyle
Hoever
H Bueno
Fabio

Pretty sure they all count for this season. More than enough. Obviously if some of them leave it changes the landscape, as crap as I think Hoever, Doherty and Fabio are, I would rather have them in the squad than Hodge.

We're ok for that for now anyway I think.

Bentley
King
Doherty
Dawson
Doyle
Hoever
H Bueno
Fabio

Pretty sure they all count for this season. More than enough. Obviously if some of them leave it changes the landscape, as crap as I think Hoever, Doherty and Fabio are, I would rather have them in the squad than Hodge.
Unlikely we'll have a full 25 man match day squad any way.

Ah OK, I'm surprised the number required is so low, but makes sense with how teams go about transfers I guess.

Unless they've changed the rules then you don't need any specific number of home grown players. It's no more than 17 foreign players over 21. We have 19 I think, but Guedes won't be here and Sasa won't be named at least for the first half of the season, so essentially we are 1 in 1 out from here. I think new Gomes still qualifies as an U21, even though he is now that age.
Sa
Semedo
S Bueno
RAN
Toti
Mosquera
Lemina
Bellegarde
Traore
Gomes
Sarabia
Guedes
Strand Larsen
Chiquinho
Hwang
Cunha
Podence
Neto
Sasa

I think new Gomes still qualifies as an U21, even though he is now that age
Yeah, I think 2003 births and later don't need to be registered this season.

Fabio was born in 2002 but because we signed him when he was 18 I *think* he counts as HG. Hoever definitely will as he joined Liverpool when he was 16 and the same with Hugo who joined us when he was 16/17.

Yeah, I think 2003 births and later don't need to be registered this season.

Fabio was born in 2002 but because we signed him when he was 18 I *think* he counts as HG. Hoever definitely will as he joined Liverpool when he was 16 and the same with Hugo who joined us when he was 16/17.
The curveball with him is that he didn't have 3 consecutive years with us. I don't know if you can be home grown if you were abroad for 12 months of the qualifying period. Logic would say not, but I don't know for sure and he won't be here anyway

If I were Podence Id be saying 'Fuck Olympiakos' if there not willing to stump up such a meagre sum. Can't really want him or there doing a very shit job of unsettling him.

Depends how happy he is to sit on the bench. Also if he is the Neto replacement then GON can get fucked.

As I said the other week, there's too much wild variance in his performances. You get some excellent, some alright and the rest dreadful. If he's on a 2 or 3 out of 10 (or worse) as he often is then you may as well take him off after 10 minutes.

His theatrics are terrible as well.

I don't mind keeping him though if his attitude is alright, even if it means he goes for free in a year's time. I'd rather have a player who might contribute than £5m in the bank that won't buy us anything useful.

Back