• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Thatbalhas sometging to do with World Cup 1990, Torino were tge first team to try and Buy Bully from us.

Not surenif Sciallachi also played at Torino. At the time there was a massive comparison between Toto Scilachi, And a certain Stephen George Bull
Fair play drinking that much in the afternoon.

Torino and Genoa wanted Bully but Weirdo Charles doesn't follow either of them. And Toto didn't play for either of them.

Schillaci was a relative nobody before the World Cup, especially outside Italy as there wasn't any footage to watch.

Last edited:
Hope it’s pronounced Shellacky

That has something to do with World Cup 1990, Torino were the first team to try and Buy Bully from us.

Not sure if Scilachi also played at Torino. At the time there was a massive comparison between Toto Scilachi, And a certain Stephen George Bull
Schillaci played for Juventus and only made his Italy debut in the March of 1990 and wasn't first choice for the World Cup team but siezed his chance and went on to be top scorer. Only played 16 times for Italy and scored 7 goals, 6 of which were in that World Cup!

Schillaci played for Juventus and only made his Italy debut in the March of 1990 and wasn't first choice for the World Cup team but siezed his chance and went on to be top scorer. Only played 16 times for Italy and scored 7 goals, 6 of which were in that World Cup!
Yeah was not sure, just remembered he was leading Goal Scorer and a lot of comparison was made with Bully, I know there was a lot of talk about Bully and Torino, after the competition.

I dont really follow Charles Ross, Used to read ALOB, not seen or spoke to Charles in 20 years, used to see and chat to him most games.

Especially when i used to sell Golden Goal tickets, around the pubs

I don't remember comparisons with bully at all, apart from the fact they both had short haircuts. Not really that similar as forwards either.

I don't remember comparisons with bully at all, apart from the fact they both had short haircuts. Not really that similar as forwards either.
IIRC it was the look, more than the style of play. Everytime either England or Italy i tgink bully missed an header for England in a Game, if he had scored that, i tgink.he would have featured in more games after that miss ne never really came on in the tournanent

He was warming up and getting stripped out of his tracksuit when Lineker scored in the semi-final I think
Yep, I was 8, but I remember the contrasting feelings of being overjoyed that Lineker has scored, but also being gutted as I knee Bully wouldn't be coming on.

We'll be off to America in a week or so - I can't see any ins or outs (barring those who are obviously not in our plans at all, like Fabio, PlayStation Face and Hodge) before then.

Back