• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Nope.

Instead of posting laughing smilies maybe you should give us the benefit of your knowledge. You know, engaging instead of trying to mock.
How can you have an opinion on a player without seeing him play?

That's batshit

£50,001?
You joke, but there was a case a few years ago where someone "accidentally" told a prospective buying club about a contractual minimum fee for £40M. That club (which I'm pretty sure was Arsenal) then bid £40,000,001, thus triggering the clause.

EDIT: Found it. It was Luis Suarez.

You joke, but there was a case a few years ago where someone "accidentally" told a prospective buying club about a contractual minimum fee for, IIRC, £10M. That club (which I'm pretty sure was Arsenal) then bid £10,000,001, thus triggering the clause.
It was Suarez at Liverpool and Arsenal bid £1 above. Bid was £40,000,001 but pretty sure the clause didn't exist, just something made up in the press

It was Suarez at Liverpool and Arsenal bid £1 above. Bid was £40,000,001 but pretty sure the clause didn't exist, just something made up in the press
There was a clause but it was a complete waste of paper and ink. Basically if someone bid that much then they had to tell Suarez. Not accept it, just tell him. I think he'd have known anyway.

You joke, but there was a case a few years ago where someone "accidentally" told a prospective buying club about a contractual minimum fee for £40M. That club (which I'm pretty sure was Arsenal) then bid £40,000,001, thus triggering the clause.

EDIT: Found it. It was Luis Suarez.

Reminds me of when Ian Holloway accidentally let slip to us that Ebanks-Blake had a release clause of around £6-7m (I think) at Plymouth. Which we then went and paid to get him.

I try not to delve into the mind of Charles Ross where possible. You can ask him if you like but be prepared for a complete non-sequitur of a response.

You can ask him if you like
i%27ll-pass-chris-brander.gif

Aren’t Torino the side that Charles Ross is weirdly obsessed about?
That has something to do with World Cup 1990, Torino were the first team to try and Buy Bully from us.

Not sure if Scilachi also played at Torino. At the time there was a massive comparison between Toto Scilachi, And a certain Stephen George Bull

Last edited:
Back