• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Anyone remember if Obed Vargas is one of the Seattle youths we were linked with a year-ish ago? He’s in good form and showing signs that he could be good enough for Europe (not necessarily the Prem, mind). Could be worth a punt if we’re still interested, though I imagine Seattle want a chunk for him now.

Anyone remember if Obed Vargas is one of the Seattle youths we were linked with a year-ish ago? He’s in good form and showing signs that he could be good enough for Europe (not necessarily the Prem, mind). Could be worth a punt if we’re still interested, though I imagine Seattle want a chunk for him now.
Yes. Vargas and Baker-Whiting.

Huge if true, especially as our glorious leader went all in on Korean tourists coming to watch us

If it means we have more of a chance of keeping Pedro Neto then I am all for it

Seems odd that a French club would drop 30m on a player with their TV deal unresolved and no additional income from European competition next season. I thought that would make clubs a bit more cautious. I know their owners aren't shy of a few quid but they're also dropping a similar amount on the Bradford sex offender.

Seems odd that a French club would drop 30m on a player with their TV deal unresolved and no additional income from European competition next season. I thought that would make clubs a bit more cautious. I know their owners aren't shy of a few quid but they're also dropping a similar amount on the Bradford sex offender.
He wants to go to Italy apparently, so perhaps this is instead of rather than as well as?

I'd be happy keeping Hwang for squad depth but anywhere near 30m he's a gonna.

Sold N'Diaye to Everton for around £20m, so that pays most of the bill for one of them

If he's agreed personal terms it suggests he's happy enough going.

Assuming the worst we get is slap bang in the middle at £25m, i'd say that's good business
His agent doing his job I guess. "if he was to join these are the demands. He is happy at Wolves and not seeking to move but if you agree a fee with the club, he would expect this much etc etc"

Not itching to see him go but I did say I'd at least listen to 30m...

Would be a personal bummer but would make matchdays less contentious for me (at least until Bellegarde is on the pitch, and then the cycle begins anew).

Seems a nice bloke. Has a weird ability to find the back of the net given his inability to do anything else. But £30m is crazy talk, esp. given his injury record

If you click through to the sources ‘X’ page & his original post, it takes you through to an article on the Sun website (yuk) and he states that Hwang is “keen on the move”.

Obviously there are no direct quotes so probably a load of shite.

Back