• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

FWIW, I wouldn’t sell Hwang for £20m because he has this incredibly weird, spooky ability to be in precisely the right place at exactly the right time. A lot of teams would kill for a 10 goal a season tap in merchant

I've given up on working him out as a player because he'll just forever confuse you if you do that.

I'm not averse to selling him but his market value is way higher than what Marseille have offered, and with Kilman gone for a stupid price we're under no pressure to accept any lowball offers.

If we turned down anything close to £30m I think we’d regret it by the end of the season, quite possibly a lot sooner. Players who can trap a ball further than Joe Hodge can kick one might have a golden spell once in their career but it won’t last.

If we turned down anything close to £30m I think we’d regret it by the end of the season, quite possibly a lot sooner. Players who can trap a ball further than Joe Hodge can kick one might have a golden spell once in their career but it won’t last.
Not many on here, me included, wanted us to even make his loan permanent. If we can make money on him we should imo. Still think last season was catching lightning in a bottle.

As others have said, we won't though due to Shi's misguided none footballing reasons

10 goals a season is great, but is it when they offer little else?
Cash in and get another one for the apparent tourists.

Not many on here, me included, wanted us to even make his loan permanent. If we can make money on him we should imo. Still think last season was catching lightning in a bottle.

As others have said, we won't though due to Shi's misguided none footballing reasons
I don't think GON will want him to go either though.

For all our moans about him he is that kind of player managers love.

Last edited:
I did think it might be hard to replace his goals but this changes my mind.

Iheanacho springs to mind as a very recent example

10 goals a season is great, but is it when they offer little else?
Cash in and get another one for the apparent tourists.
FWIW, he’s scored 10 goals once in the last 4 seasons, and then previously in the Austrian league, twice. Hardly nailed on.

I would’ve sold at that value tbf, but with his last season being a 10 goals in the prem and with 21m being initial offer I’d imagine they will come back in again. Accept nearer 30m, aslong as some funds are used for a replacement

No point just selling for selling sake if we’re not going to reinvest

No point just selling for selling sake if we’re not going to reinvest
Agree in general but if this turned out to be a choice of "if you sell Hwang for ~£30m, you can keep Neto"...

pfft we said the same last summer with Max and got an improved bid this one.

Hwang is scoring 15 and being sold for £50m next summer. (do not bookmark this post)
Okay, I won’t bookmark it…

*takes screenshot*

*makes note to delete Alan's account in 10 months time*

With the relegated clubs it's sometimes too simplistic to say you don't want players from them, but in this case I think it's fair saying I don't want any of Sheffield United defenders after the amount of goals they shipped.

Back