• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

At least it makes a bit more sense on their end why they'd agree to take less of a cut. Clearly won't make up the difference but get football related stuff out of it.
Loans could be worth a lot if it gets them into the Football League

Paid in exposure innit

If Jake O Brien is worth 20m , then I'm worth at least 10m.......and I'm over 50 .

R . Gomes , P. Lima and Larson all new arrivals .

Mosquera coming back , has never played a PL game for us - that is like a new signing , even though that phrase frustrates people .

Chiquinho and Podence............I think there's a fair chance that both will stay . It gives us two extra players on the bench that are far more senior than what we had at the back end of last season .

Neto , J Gomes , RAN...........Will one of these leave one wonders . I think if one of these players pushes for a move and we get a dent fee , then you're better off to let them go , even if the valuation falls a bit short . We don't need an unhappy player .
However , if none of these players are overly eager to leave then we'd need an offer we couldn't refuse before we'd let them go .

Getting a new centre back will happen I think , but it might not be a player straight into the first team .

There could be plenty happening in the background right now for all we know . It was mentioned that they had been watching Larson for a few years as an example .

Sky reporting we’ve turned down a bid from Marseille for Channy. Apparently we consider him “not for sale”.
We know its more for commercial than footballing reasons but double figures scorer in the Prem....yeah not getting that for a low £20m bid these days.

Wonder what the sell valuation at the club is. Will guess at least double what Marseille have offered.

Yeah, I reckon £40m would make them think twice, but even then I reckon his "commercial value" is too high for us to sell.

Yet again proof we know fuck all

Max - Limited defender - Goes for £40m and is the number 1 target for someone that managed him before
Hwang - 1 minute Messi the other 89 messy - £20M+ bid received

We clearly cannot spot footballing talent at all

Last edited:
Yeah, £21M is nowhere near enough for Hwang. Obviously a frustrating footballer but looking at his goalscoring record, how valued he's been by every manager he's played under, his age and experience, his commercial value, the length of contract left and the current market I think it'd take a bid closer to £40M for us to let him go.

We simply do not know enough about Larson yet , and his ability to adapt to the PL , to sell our top scorer . Frustrating he may be , but when he was fully fit he was scoring freely . The Asian Cup messed up his season last year , he was doing fine prior to that .
I'm not sure what word you would use to describe him in terms of position on the field , but he knows where the net is , and after the two previous seasons , that was like gold for us last season .

I can't believe I'm saying this, as I've long been one of Hwang's biggest critics, but at this point I wouldn't sell him unless it's for silly money and we have a replacement lined up. For all his useless touches and for all the times he looks like a League 1 player, he can score goals and he is a player that showed last season he is an important contributor to our attacking play.

Back