• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Why would Neto want to go to Spurs? Surely he'll want to go somewhere he expects to get regular champions league football?
I imagine that is what he wants, but circumstances may make a club like Spurs the logical outcome? He’s clearly top class and a player capable of changing games, but his injury record makes it riskier than alternatives and the top tier of clubs already have quality and can be picky about new talent. Given we, ‘rightly’, want a chunky fee would the very best clubs in England or Spain allocate resources that might be limited under PSR when they have options? Teams competing just below might be more willing to risk it given he could make the difference if the stars align.

Feels like he has to move on this summer despite the timing for value not being perfect.

I’d be fuming if we sold him for less than £50m but I don’t think we can realistically expect too much more than that due to his injury history. I think he probably wants to go too.

Mind you, we live in a world where Max Kilman is worth £40m so anything could happen!

He’s perfect for how they play now tbf, they need pace on the wings for people to go on the outside and they only have Johnson/Werner who can do that atm.

Spurs are in a position where they need to gamble a bit if they’re going to close the gap on the likes of City and Arsenal. Neto is perfect in that respect as if, and it’s a big if, he stays fit he could be brilliant for them. Take away the injuries and such a player doesn’t choose Spurs as bigger clubs would be in for him.

They paid more than £45m for Johnson didn't they? And he's nowhere near as good as Neto.
Take Neto’s injuries away and clubs would be queuing up to pay at least £60m for Neto, probably a fair bit more.

I think because of his injuries, £50m is about the most we can expect up front.

Add another £15m due to domestic and international appearances and I think that would be about right.

He’s perfect for how they play now tbf, they need pace on the wings for people to go on the outside and they only have Johnson/Werner who can do that atm.
His hamstrings wouldn't survive Angeball. He'd be injured before August was through

He wouldn't have to play 90 mins of every game like he does for us. Would probably do him the world of good.

But anyway, we don't need to and shouldn't sell him.

His hamstrings wouldn't survive Angeball. He'd be injured before August was through

Very good point! Going somewhere where he doesn’t need to play 90 every game would help him actually, like the role Trossard plays for Arsenal.

Was it Le Havre we signed that Le Tallec from, or am I confusing real life with FM24 again?

Was it Le Havre we signed that Le Tallec from, or am I confusing real life with FM24 again?

Signed Ludo Pollett from Le Harve. Le Tellac never played for us so far as I can tell.

Edit, sniped by the forum encyclopedia.

Back