• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Could we get someone better than Channy (in terms of output) for less than £21m? I think we'd struggle unless we were taking a punt on someone

If you could get £25m + for him I would take it personally. The commercial stuff is being overplayed in my opinion and regardless of my opinions on his strengths and weaknesses, he just isn’t fit enough consistently.

If you could get £25m + for him I would take it personally. The commercial stuff is being overplayed in my opinion and regardless of my opinions on his strengths and weaknesses, he just isn’t fit enough consistently.
It probably is overblown from a commercial point of view but Jeff Shi thinks it's important to have a player from that area - he even said it on the Ask Wolves videos a couple of years back. I think it would take an amount of money nobody would be willing to stump up to get him away.

It probably is overblown from a commercial point of view but Jeff Shi thinks it's important to have a player from that area - he even said it on the Ask Wolves videos a couple of years back. I think it would take an amount of money nobody would be willing to stump up to get him away.
Oh I agree in terms of the clubs stance. As Mark said I think it will take north of £30m for them to start thinking about it

I know he scored 10 last season but he could just as easily score 2 next year and then be worth nothing. He's just not good enough at football for me to believe there's not a large amount of luck holding it all up

And he does tend to miss games for what appears to be his beautifully coiffured hair being slightly messed up.

I know he scored 10 last season but he could just as easily score 2 next year and then be worth nothing. He's just not good enough at football for me to believe there's not a large amount of luck holding it all up
100% agree. I'd happily have taken the money on offer. Simply a football decision and Hwang is not a good footballer. Sell.

Hwang is not a good footballer. Sell.
and yet another team happy to splash £20m+ on him. Doubt Marseille are overly fussed by the marketing element because they have wrecked that department by signing Greenwood

If the Korean market (tourist visitors to Molineux and overseas sales) brings in more than £20m then what exactly are they buying???

If the Korean market (tourist visitors to Molineux and overseas sales) brings in more than £20m then what exactly are they buying???
Season tickets to hit that number I guess

It would be stupid to sell Hwang right at the point we switch systems and give him a proper striker to play off. Yeah he might not have the same season or score as many but then again he might look even better in that system. And I don't think it will reduce his value if he doesn't score as many. We can just plead mitigating circumstances where he wasn't the main striker this time round.

Plus, we don't have anyone as reliable in that wide left forward position. Bellegarde and the new lad Gomes are still unknowns, and while Cunha can play there I'd rather have him behind the striker in the No.10 role.

Edit - I forgot Podence but we don't know what's happening with him yet.

Our total turnover is £168m of which only £30m is gate and commercial income. I'd be amazed if having Hwang is worth more than £2m per season commercially.

FM23 says my Korean lad brings in an extra £1m commercial revenue per season.

#justlikereallife

That’s about right, even a little generous.

Take it. Move on.
Generous? Outsiders will just look at the numbers. In his prime, South Korean international, scored double figures in the Premier league for a mostly poor performing team. Seems cheap for a striker these days.

If there are players out there who can make a similar or greater impact for less than £20m we should just sign them and keep Hwang. The guy has his limitations but no way should we be accepting that sort of bid for him.

Well, I’m pleased.

His fitness is an issue but so is Neto’s. Like it or not he’s probably the most instinctive attacker we have in terms of when and where to move, and his finishing is generally class (I mean, no-hopers don’t generally score goals like his against Newcastle).

30m I would take, no less.

Last edited:
Where I'm at. Maybe try and negotiate with Marseille to see if they can go higher, but if we're keeping Neto, selling Hwang for anything in that price range feels like a no brainer.

I never would've predicted he'd scored 10+ goals last season too, so what on earth do I know.

Back