• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Ahmedhodzic and Hamer were both decent in the Championship, I'd be tempted to give them both a pass on last season based on what a mess Sheff U were. I'd be interested in Hamer, but only for depth so I think he'd cost more than his worth to us, I couldn't see them taking £5m when they paid £15m for him, so based on that he's a no.

My worry on Ahmedhodzic is he's a hot head and some of his post match interviews last year were totally delusional, he's also a homophobe. That'd be why I'd pass on him rather than the footballer

Last edited:
Ahmedhodzic and Hamer were both decent in the Championship, I'd be tempted to give them both a pass on last season based on what a mess Sheff U were. I'd be interested in Harmer, but only for depth so I think he'd cost more than his worth to us, I couldn't see them taking £5m when they paid £15m for him, so based on that he's a no.

My worry on Ahmedhodzic is he's a hot head and some of his post match interviews last year were totally delusional, he's also a homophobe. That'd be why I'd pass on him rather than the footballer
Ah, didn't know he was a homophobe. No thanks if that's true.

Refused to wear the rainbow armband
There are a lot of Nationalities still homophonic.
Especially the more Eastern European countries, all Islamic states.
Even here in Spain its still very much taboo in certain areas.

Where we live it's acceptable, In fact Torremolinos is the Gay Capital of Spain, but move in land and away from the bigger cities and it's still very much homophonic.

Arsenal have signed a young English goalkeeper from Ajax. Could end their interest in Bentley.

Arsenal have signed a young English goalkeeper from Ajax. Could end their interest in Bentley.
Depends if they want the kid as their Scott Carson or not. I think they will be back but with another shit bid

There are a lot of Nationalities still homophonic.
Especially the more Eastern European countries, all Islamic states.
Even here in Spain its still very much taboo in certain areas.

Where we live it's acceptable, In fact Torremolinos is the Gay Capital of Spain, but move in land and away from the bigger cities and it's still very much homophonic.
God, you do toe the line don’t you

I would have Hamer for the right price. He played well for a poor side last year more often than he contributed to their poor performances. His issue was often being completely overrun and he is more of a forward thinking midfielder and runner than someone you want doing tons of defensive work. 4 goals and 6 assists and was one of a handful of players that looked a lot better in the run in than at the start.

McAtee, Brereton-Diaz and Archer are the only Sheff Utd players from last season that I'd even consider as squad options and they don't own any of them any more.

Hamer is bang average IMO, never been massively impressed with him. He wouldn't add anything that we don't already have and like Deutsch says, you'd end up with another Bellegarde situation where he's not fully suited to the way we play.

He wouldn't be cheap either, Blades paid £15M for him, you wouldn't be getting much value there even if we can get him for cheaper than that.

Hamer's body shape is weird for a footballer, like a less extreme Shaqiri. He's like a barrel.

Drifts in and out of games far too much for me and I don't know where we'd even play him.
Thicc boi alert! 🚨

Sign him!

Hamer is bang average IMO, never been massively impressed with him. He wouldn't add anything that we don't already have and like Deutsch says, you'd end up with another Bellegarde situation where he's not fully suited to the way we play.

He wouldn't be cheap either, Blades paid £15M for him, you wouldn't be getting much value there even if we can get him for cheaper than that.
O'Hare is the same player and he's on a free.

I can only think this is an agent piece trying to get some money for Sheffield United or move players on for a fee.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we have homophobes in our team right now who are sensible enough to keep it to themselves, but I'd have to give very serious thought to whether I'd feel comfortable supporting a team with Ahmedhodzic in it.

Fortunately it's Nixon, so it's obviously nonsense, but still.

Back