• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We'll be off to America in a week or so - I can't see any ins or outs (barring those who are obviously not in our plans at all, like Fabio, PlayStation Face and Hodge) before then.

I can see one or two incomings this week.

Last edited:
We'll be off to America in a week or so - I can't see any ins or outs (barring those who are obviously not in our plans at all, like Fabio, PlayStation Face and Hodge) before then.

Now we've switched to a 4231 there's a place for Guedes in and around the first team. He's clearly an excellent technician, a footballer's footballer, and I think with quality around him we'll finally see the player that we all so excited to see

Now we've switched to a 4231 there's a place for Guedes in and around the first team. He's clearly an excellent technician, a footballer's footballer, and I think with quality around him we'll finally see the player that we all so excited to see
His attitude stinks, he doesn't want to be here... What's not to like?

You wait all day for a transfer link to break the 90's football chat and then 2 fookers post the same info just seconds apart

If it is us then Gaz really doesn't fancy Hugo.

If we are keeping Ait-Nouri then Bueno needs a loan anyway, can't have another season playing as little as he did last season.

Tbf I don't remember Hugo having a single standout appearance last season.

The possibilities for what's happened there are myriad, but if he couldn't keep Doc out of the team I have to believe that that is Hugo's own failure.

If RAN is being seen as a wide forward then another LB makes sense

If RAN is being seen as a wide forward then another LB makes sense
I very much doubt he is. Right now we have Neto, Hwang, Cunha, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Chiquinho and Rodrigo for two wide spots (ignoring that cunt Guedes).

I think it’s fairly clear that O’Neil doesn’t like Hugo much, barely had a look in even when there were no other left backs around. Wouldn’t be surprising to see him leave and another left back come in

Would love to know what scouts/managers see to go "yeah, we should sign him". We had a combination of McDonald, Price, Edwards, Evans and Davis for CM in L1 in 2013 and he's nowhere near what any of them were. In fact bar Davis (now in National League North) and Edwards (retired) I'd take the current day versions over Joe Hodge. Terrible footballer.

Back