• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Stick with my keep him and play him v Villa only

Depends how happy he is to sit on the bench. Also if he is the Neto replacement then GON can get fucked.
It'll be Hwang and Podence on the left side mainly with the occasional switching sides as managers do. Neto and Rodrigo for the right side.

Yes, comfortably so
Yeah, there were games the season before last where he came off the bench and demonstrated a completely shit attitude. And games where he started he rarely did enough to keep his place IMO. So what you had was a player not good enough to start games, and played like a cunt when he was a sub.

It'll be Hwang and Podence on the left side mainly with the occasional switching sides as managers do. Neto and Rodrigo for the right side.
Hwang won't play on the left! We may as well play you there.

He's a striker and nothing else.

I think it will be inverted wingers with full backs high as Liverpool were under Klopp.

Assuming Neto goes perhaps:

Sa
Semedo - Yerson - Dawson - RAN
Gomes - Lemina
Cunha - ? - R Gomes
Larsen​

I'm not so sure Neto is going to go, there simply doesn't seem to be the liquidity in the market, and most of the sides where he'd want to go have more pressing needs (plus everyone is going to be wary about his injury history). Widely reported today that Brentford are having to slash away at the asking price for Toney...which they kind of have to do as they already paid for his replacement in advance and he can go for free in a year's time. We don't have to do that, we've already sold one player for big money, we haven't committed to a large outlay on anyone else (relatively speaking) and he's got plenty of time left on his contract.

Late to the discussion here, but I have a slightly different outlook on Podence. What we the fans want is of little significance in the grand scheme of things. The majority of us think he's a pain in the arse with a terrible attitude. But if the management want him to stay, he himself is open to it - and his teammates want him around (and they do seem to like him, he's always getting snapped at social events with them), then he'll be welcomed back in with arms wide open. For me, it's a case of 'what's good enough for them is good enough for me'.

If he doesn't come back and upset the applecart (and by all accounts, the reports have been positive so far), he can definitely offer something to the squad. So long as he doesn't get pissy if he doesn't start week in week out.

After last season and the state of our bench for long periods, I'm happy with all the senior pros we can get (apart from Fabio - he can piss off).

He's an absolute cunt and I can't stand him. I'd much rather have him for a season than have £5m and have to bring on a teenager who should be on loan in league one

£50m better be the baseline before addons.

I'm not sure they have that kind of headroom if they're also bidding for Gyökeres and have to pay for Raya now too. Will need to clear some players out first and if they're genuinely after £25m for shite like Reiss "Sheyi Ojo II" Nelson then they'll be waiting a while.

They have genuinely wanted him for years though, going back to before he got that injury at Fulham when Nuno was still here.

if they're genuinely after £25m for shite like Reiss "Sheyi Ojo II" Nelson then they'll be waiting a while.
Luckily for them Lopetegui wants him and West Ham look like they will offer close to the £25m

Back