• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

The thought behind this one will be that if he has a good season in a more attacking team then his value will skyrocket. If Sheffield United get promoted and he plays the majority of games then we're going to be looking at getting close to our money back for him.

We won't get anywhere near what we reportedly paid he will have 1 year left next summer

The thought behind this one will be that if he has a good season in a more attacking team then his value will skyrocket. If Sheffield United get promoted and he plays the majority of games then we're going to be looking at getting close to our money back for him.
That would be great, but I have my doubts, we'll see how it pans out.

We won't get anywhere near what we reportedly paid he will have 1 year left next summer
Yep, we paid £9m for him.

We got £5m for Ryan Giles who has actually looked good at Championship level, unlike Hoever who looks a complete defensive liability with far less attacking output.

Wouldn't surprise me if we gave him a new deal when sending him out on loan. "Protect the value"

Yep, we paid £9m for him.

We got £5m for Ryan Giles who has actually looked good at Championship level, unlike Hoever who looks a complete defensive liability with far less attacking output.
Looked alright at Stoke didn't he?

But yeah, we're not getting anywhere near £9m for him. That's £500k more than what we paid for Lima ffs.

He didn't look alright at Stoke, not really. He knocked in a few goals towards the end of the season but more often than not he was a disaster.

From the bits I saw their fans had a love, hate relationship with him which seemed to be linked to whether he scored or not. Defensively he was a turnstile. If Sheff U are decent and they play 3 centre halves he'll probably do well for a team and formation that'll hide his weaknesses

All three of them would have been long gone by now.

Gomes and Fernandes behind them, Cunha up top 😭
I actually don't think Racist Enzo is particularly good. I mean I wouldn't necessarily put him in our best XI and he cost £100m.

(Of course it would have been a good deal for us to sign him and flip him like Benfica did)

I actually don't think Racist Enzo is particularly good. I mean I wouldn't necessarily put him in our best XI and he cost £100m.

(Of course it would have been a good deal for us to sign him and flip him like Benfica did)

It's hard to judge anybody at Chelsea, but certainly looking at last season you'd think closer to £10m than £100m!

Back