• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think most would probably agree with you Deutsch.

I agree he doesn't win everything, I just think his qualities are underrated and always have been. Its just the way I see it. I feel that many people slate him for not being vocal (which he isn't), but then this goes against what he does as a player.

I will be pleased if we get better.
Nothing wrong with going against the grain mate!

It's not one of those like where we were last year with Collins and most of us are thinking "Christ this guy has been a disaster, how do we get rid of him". He isn't rubbish and he's a good guy.

Surely we'd be more appealing than both with our Portuguese connections.
I don't think we want to be and thankfully it looks as though it's agent driven rather than by us.

Our signings have not had any pattern to them this summer but one thing they haven't been is agent driven.

Can't say I was very impressed with Carmo against Villa or Fiorentina in the Conference League games I watched.

Expect to be linked with a load of CB's in the coming days. Nice easy story and bonus if linked in anyway to Portugal or Mendes

I think we'll sign Elvedi

I would like Greaves or Beelen from the others linked so far, if we're signing two
Would like the club to get Elvedi in and assess Mosquera before spending on another CB.

I'm not a fan of Carmo but I've admittedly not seen him while he was at Olympiakos. When he was at Porto he was slow, clunky, rash in the tackle and prone to outrageous howlers. He also had a horrific injury when he was at Braga.

Now that max is gone where am I going to get futsal commentary :cry:

Generally defensive is move like it.

Why not? Just an example off the top of my head, Wataru Endo. 4 year deal for a 30 year old. Less than half the fee (and transfer fees less impactful to higher turnover clubs), Liverpool don’t need to worry about him being cherry picked and it’s in a more physically demanding position.

If you’ve spent loads of money, you want to protect your investment.

The game has changed. 31 isn’t old anymore. Certainly isn’t as a CB. As I said before, there are pretty much zero negatives to giving him a longer contract, terrible injuries being the only one, there are tons of positives.
Yeah I guess so. I might need to get my head out of football manager

Back