• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

He did well against them last year. I'd like to think teams aren't that stupid...

Getting rid of Bentley for even a nominal fee would be excellent business, we need a new backup.

Arsenal also being linked to Szczesny so it may be they only want Bentley as third-choice.

Would just be the standard English third keeper for squad purposes wouldn’t it. The Scott Carson role

He did well against them last year. I'd like to think teams aren't that stupid...
Teams in the PL sign Lonergan...so yes they are.

Hopefully as @Lycan mentioned- sell Bentz and sign Kasper
Although we may just promote full Welsh International keeper (no goals conceded) Tom King...

Would just be the standard English third keeper for squad purposes wouldn’t it. The Scott Carson role

I don't really understand what the point of that role is tbh. If it's just because they're "good to have around the place" there are numerous other ways to do it than signing someone not fit for purpose on a playing contract.

I don't really understand what the point of that role is tbh. If it's just because they're "good to have around the place" there are numerous other ways to do it than signing someone not fit for purpose on a playing contract.

The main thing is that they’re British so that you have another British player for your squad as you need a certain amount don’t you? 3rd keeper is basically never going to play but you need someone just in case so a fairly small sample of players who’ll be happy with that. Like King for us.

Ederson at City loves the set up as he feels it's better than an additional coach.

As Kenny says above and it also provides a quality keeper for training purposes. GoN and Cutler will want a quality player to help with positional drills for other units (may be defending set pieces with an attacking unit for example) when the first team keeper may be working with another unit drill/ phase/ function, if that makes sense.

The main thing is that they’re British so that you have another British player for your squad as you need a certain amount don’t you? 3rd keeper is basically never going to play but you need someone just in case so a fairly small sample of players who’ll be happy with that. Like King for us.
Also means you don’t have to cart your U21 GK round the world with you for every game as illness cover, so they can actually play In the U23s or be out on loan

There’s legs in it. Wolves looking at loads of keepers, maybe the best way is to sign a no.2 with a view to them displacing Sa in 12 months time, if not before then.
Cooper and Patterson have been heavily scouted in the last year and they could fit that theory.

Actively downgrading your keeper in 12 months seems like an odd plan

Bentley came through Arsenal's academy so will help them with CL registration. Makes sense for them and great for us if we can get a decent replacement as he's not fit for purpose as a PL back up.

Amario Cozier-Duberry signing for BHA. I'm sure we were linked with him in Jan.

Think that’s a great move for him. Left footed right winger, will get compared to Saka naturally as he’s a good dribbler. Exciting when I’ve watched him

Absolutely. It gives us the breathing room to tell everyone to do one, and then see if they offer anything to force our hand.

Back