• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I know right.

• Comes in and keeps us up when we were in the shit after Lage, with an amazing home record.
  • Then spits his dummy and fucks off without us having to pay a penny in compo.
  • That allows us to get in a more attacking manager so we start scoring more goals.
  • Then comes back and spends £40m on our weakest defender meaning we can switch to an even more attacking formation.

Amazing work really. If only he fancies a striker who is a generational talent....

We did have to pay him off, lots.

7 year deal makes sense really. 5 year deal and your potentially losing him cut price if he does well, you also don’t need to give him a pay rise at any point as you’ve got him until he is 33 which is the theoretical decline point.

A seven year contract to a 27 old as absolutely fucking insane. I don't think they'll need pointless extra two years to protect them from vultures low balling on a offer to get a 32 year old Max Kilman on the cheap

A seven year contract to a 27 old as absolutely fucking insane. I don't think they'll need pointless extra two years to protect them from vultures low balling on a offer to get a 32 year old Max Kilman on the cheap
But it doesn’t actually make any difference to them does it? The only way it makes a difference to them is if he’s an absolute bust and they want to get rid of Fabio style. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he’s not completely shit

Edit - and even for Fabio. Wolves wouldn’t accept an offer of zero pounds this summer and he has a bad attitude and is of zero use. None of which apply to Kilman

Last edited:
“It’s an amazing feeling to be a West Ham United player,” said Kilman.

“As soon as I was aware of the interest from the Club, it was an opportunity I was keen to pursue, so I couldn’t be more delighted to be here.

“I really enjoyed working with Julen during his time at Wolves – he’s a top-class coach and someone I learned a lot from, and I am confident I will continue to improve as a player under his management here.”

Kilman added: “West Ham is a massive Club and I feel this is the natural next step forward in my career.

“Playing in front of a passionate fan-base, with 62,500 supporters packing out London Stadium every other week, is something I am incredibly excited about.

“Having spoken at length to both Julen and Tim [Steidten], I was hugely encouraged about the ambition of the Club and their plans for the future. They want to make a big noise here at West Ham and as a new player coming in, that’s an incredible thing to hear.

“I’m looking forward to getting down to work and preparing for an exciting season

Has that rule come in now?

Even still it's just a number to protect their asset and the potential fee if he leaves. Contracts have meant bob all for a while now other than financially.
Yes. It came in about two minutes after Mudryk joined Chelsea.

I thought it was the other way round.
Ellis had something to do with it, him and Ken Wheldon.

Ellis wanted Wolves gone, to stop the challenge with Villa, he thought wolves fans would just fuck off to Villa Park
In 1982, Ken Wheldon wanted to ground share Molineux with Walsall IIRC.

Kilman isn't shit but I've got to say I'm delighted that I won't be watching him next season. He winds me up something fierce. Too passive, too inconsistent & clearly not a leader. Dominant in the air but depressingly mid in every other aspect of his game.

To get rid of him and get roughly £35M directly into this years PSR is great business for the club.
Out of our first team players Kilman was easily the most replaceable and we're now in a position where we can continue to rebuild our squad and demand extortionate fees for our other more talented players.

Hopefully we sign someone with the same kind of pace on the turn that Toti & Mosquera have. Dawson is great at what he does but obviously the entire system needs to be built around covering for his lack of pace and Kilman always looked weakest when there was too much space over his shoulder to defend.

But it doesn’t actually make any difference to them does it? The only way it makes a difference to them is if he’s an absolute bust and they want to get rid of Fabio style. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he’s not completely shit

Edit - and even for Fabio. Wolves wouldn’t accept an offer of zero pounds this summer and he has a bad attitude and is of zero use. None of which apply to Kilman

What if he can't run at 32?

“It could be that someone here steps up or we go into the market with these funds. It’s exciting what we can do, and we’d be looking to bring someone in who move us forward. Although it’s tough, it creates opportunities and that’s always exciting.”

Despite his shortcomings, he was deservedly picked every week and important part of the team. It worries me that the instant response is that we look to replace him. We have to.

Reactions: b3h
Contract length only really counts for PSR these days.

Some quotes from Hobbs.

"It enables us to look at the market and enables someone else to become a leader. When you lose anybody, it allows other people to become leaders, and that’s any team in the world. We have Yerson coming back, Santi is still relatively new and Toti is developing."

“It could be that someone here steps up or we go into the market with these funds. It’s exciting what we can do, and we’d be looking to bring someone in who move us forward. Although it’s tough, it creates opportunities and that’s always exciting.”
That sounds to me like we'll try and get a good CB/leader on the cheap or if that fails we'll cross our fingers with Mosquera and go with what we've got, or is that too cynical?

They’re just not committing to anything I suppose. I think we’ll see at least one come in but it’s understandable them not just coming out and saying it outright.
precisely. don't tell the market we absolutely need to sign someone and see the prices go up. play it cool and get the deals done. providing we do actually get someone in who can do the job of course.

What if he can't run at 32?
Well you can apply that to any transfer…

Given I can’t remember him being injured once in his time here, he hasn’t been pounded by minutes since he was 16, he’s a CB, I don’t think the odds of that could get much lower.

Oh we definitely have to sign a centre back. I think we’ll bring one in fairly quickly too now
Complete pipe dream but I'd quite like Nikola Milenković from Florentina. Smashed Kane about for 90 minutes, what's not to like?

Complete pipe dream but I'd quite like Nikola Milenković from Florentina. Smashed Kane about for 90 minutes, what's not to like?
We tried to sign him under Bruno didn’t we?

We tried to sign him under Bruno didn’t we?
Did we?

I missed that, if so I wonder why we didn't. We should definitely go back in if there was an inclining he would be interested. Exactly the type of beast we need to replace The Mild One.

Back