• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I remember Gallagher as being very much a Hughes, Dawson, Bennett, Curle type signing. Hoping that their leadership skills had outlasted and compensated for their declining physical attributes.
Unfortunately, as I remember, Gallagher was a busted flush.

I'm bothered. I think he's an absolutely shit football player. Nice guy though. Has a habit of doing the hardest thing in football...for now. If there is any chance of a profit on him, sell.
He’s a miserable git who seems to have no interest in football when he’s not playing. He’s sat behind me loads (when he is injured as often happens).

Thought we just stiffed them on monies owed because we went into admin* and the Football Creditors rule wasn't a thing then

*Before my time but the long held conspiracy theory has been that we didn't need to go into admin at all in 1982. We did in 1986 though
I thought it was the other way round.
Ellis had something to do with it, him and Ken Wheldon.

Ellis wanted Wolves gone, to stop the challenge with Villa, he thought wolves fans would just fuck off to Villa Park

Ellis wanted Wolves gone, to stop the challenge with Villa, he thought wolves fans would just fuck off to Villa Park
Just not true

On Hwang, there are times when he looks like a L1 standard player. And then there's his goal against Newcastle. There are times when I think he's one of the worst players I've seen in the PL and 2 minutes later he'll get into a great position and finish well. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Was talking to my mate the other day, and I likened him to potty training my two year old son. Does really well for a few days and you think ‘we’ve cracked it’ then he shits himself, and when you ask why he shrugs he shoulders and says ‘cause I wanted to’

Baffling and infuriating

Never heard that theory before but I doubt it's true. Ellis had a big ego and he was still smarting from not being "The Man" when they won the league and some sort of European trophy. His heart was always with Villa though but he came in and immediately asked for the receiver to come in so he could get a better deal. Unfortunately, the Bhattis then appeared and he lost his bid.

Lets pop over to the boardroom at Maidenhead...

weekend-party.gif

Ey tho! What a great day.
Labour smash the tories, and west ham give us 40 mill for kilman. If farage has a heart attack before tonight is over, it really is the perfect day. 🤪

Confirmed by Hobbs that is the plan. Critical we get it right, remember all the crap moves Vokes had, did him and us no good.

I might look at L1 until Christmas then if he's knocking it out of the park try moving him to a Championship club.
I think games in men's football are the most important thing for Frasier at the moment, I'd consider L2 if it meant more or less guaranteed football for him.

Back