• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Just had a look on KUMB and they are all happy with the signing, if not necessarily 100% on the price. They're happy the manager has his first choice at that position, say he is still young enough to not have quite peaked yet, seem to think he goes on forward runs based on his highlights, and can pass out from the back.

They're probably gonna play him in a two alongside Zouma and then they'll soon realise something isn't quite right without a bit of extra protection.

[Cyber]Probably goes and has a good season in a back 4 and gets into the England squad[/Cyber]

Just had a look on KUMB and they are all happy with the signing, if not necessarily 100% on the price. They're happy the manager has his first choice at that position, say he is still young enough to not have quite peaked yet, seem to think he goes on forward runs based on his highlights, and can pass out from the back.

They're probably gonna play him in a two alongside Zouma and then they'll soon realise something isn't quite right without a bit of extra protection.
That goal he scored in pre season against whichever pub team we were playing has being doing the rounds. Other than that he does the Stearman charge once every few games, I wouldn't describe that as forward runs, but that's for them to discover.

He'll be a terrible partner for Zouma given he hates pussies.

There is a lot of talk on Kumb about Lopategui (and someone even mentioned Lage) playing a high line, and that Kilman is key to this.

I'm not sure they are ready for the horseshoe of doom.

That goal he scored in pre season against whichever pub team we were playing has being doing the rounds. Other than that he does the Stearman charge once every few games, I wouldn't describe that as forward runs, but that's for them to discover.

He'll be a terrible partner for Zouma given he hates pussies.
He’s certainly no young Gary Pallister who used to make regular (I seem to remember effective) runs from the back when partnering Mowbray in the eighties. He really was great back in the day.

There is a lot of talk on Kumb about Lopategui (and someone even mentioned Lage) playing a high line, and that Kilman is key to this.

I'm not sure they are ready for the horseshoe of doom.
Having had David Moyes as manager they'll be used to it.

Mental in so many ways. I doubt anyone else is going anywhere now unless it’s a ridiculous offer.

EDIT: Not counting the guff we don’t want/need.

They've given him a 7 year deal 😮
Contract length only really counts for PSR these days.

Some quotes from Hobbs.

"It enables us to look at the market and enables someone else to become a leader. When you lose anybody, it allows other people to become leaders, and that’s any team in the world. We have Yerson coming back, Santi is still relatively new and Toti is developing."

“It could be that someone here steps up or we go into the market with these funds. It’s exciting what we can do, and we’d be looking to bring someone in who move us forward. Although it’s tough, it creates opportunities and that’s always exciting.”

Lopetegui club legend
I know right.

• Comes in and keeps us up when we were in the shit after Lage, with an amazing home record.
  • Then spits his dummy and fucks off without us having to pay a penny in compo.
  • That allows us to get in a more attacking manager so we start scoring more goals.
  • Then comes back and spends £40m on our weakest defender meaning we can switch to an even more attacking formation.

Amazing work really. If only he fancies a striker who is a generational talent....

Contract length only really counts for PSR these days.

Some quotes from Hobbs.

"It enables us to look at the market and enables someone else to become a leader. When you lose anybody, it allows other people to become leaders, and that’s any team in the world. We have Yerson coming back, Santi is still relatively new and Toti is developing."

“It could be that someone here steps up or we go into the market with these funds. It’s exciting what we can do, and we’d be looking to bring someone in who move us forward. Although it’s tough, it creates opportunities and that’s always exciting.”

What do you mean? You can only amortise fees over 5 anyway. A 7 year deal is mental he will be 34/35 when that ends

Has that rule come in now?

Even still it's just a number to protect their asset and the potential fee if he leaves. Contracts have meant bob all for a while now other than financially.

I know right.

• Comes in and keeps us up when we were in the shit after Lage, with an amazing home record.
  • Then spits his dummy and fucks off without us having to pay a penny in compo.
  • That allows us to get in a more attacking manager so we start scoring more goals.
  • Then comes back and spends £40m on our weakest defender meaning we can switch to an even more attacking formation.

Amazing work really. If only he fancies a striker who is a generational talent....
We had to pay him. Cost us around £10m for him and his crew to leave

Back