• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think Neto fairly openly wants to leave if a CL team (especially an English one) comes in. He's also given us five years, albeit with a lot of football missed along the way.

Not sure those dynamics exist with any of the others.

I don't buy the Liverpool/RAN stuff at all, they don't have the spare budget to sign someone in a position where they already have a top class first choice with plenty of miles left on the clock.
Yeah, I'm not saying I think we'll sell all of them, but using the RAN example, I don't think we'd say no if we were hypothetically offered £50m, just because Kilman + whoever else has gone

I think Neto fairly openly wants to leave if a CL team (especially an English one) comes in. He's also given us five years, albeit with a lot of football missed along the way.

I don't buy the Liverpool/RAN stuff at all, they don't have the spare budget to sign someone for big money in a position where they already have a top class first choice with plenty of miles left on the clock. Would have to be a huge offer too given how good he was last season and as far as we know, a lot of any fee will have to go to Angers (I don't think we've bought that clause out at any stage).
If we get big money for Neto I wouldn’t be too disappointed. Lads class ofcourse, but guaranteed to spend 40% of a season injured. That reason though I can’t see anyone spending the money we would want for him, unless it’s in various instalments or a Jota/hoever fudge up

Yeah, I'm not saying I think we'll sell all of them, but using the RAN example, I don't think we'd say no if we were hypothetically offered £50m, just because Kilman + whoever else has gone
I’m in same boat as you. Selling kilman at that price effectively means we don’t have to sell anyone to fund any additional business (dependent on cost Ofcourse) but if X big comes in and it meets a the value, naturally moves will still happen

The last round of stuff leaked to Liam/PTS was that they want more for Neto than we got for Nunes but should that come in then we're ok with him going.

Arsenal have wanted him for years, they might need to sell someone first though.

The last round of stuff leaked to Liam/PTS was that they want more for Neto than we got for Nunes but should that come in then we're ok with him going.

Arsenal have wanted him for years, they might need to sell someone first though.
So we’d want 60m for him? I just don’t see someone bidding that. Stranger things have happened I guess

Would mind one of these dodgy profit and sustainability deals with ESR coming our way

Would mind one of these dodgy profit and sustainability deals with ESR coming our way

ESR is a 10 so if it's true that O'Neil does want to move to a back 4 it might be a fit. In the setup from last season there's not really a position where he fits.

Neto will go if a suitable bid comes in for him as we've lulikely promised him a move by now.

None of the others will leave unless we get a stupid bid for them now. Which unless the Saudis get involved, we won't.

I don't buy the Liverpool/RAN stuff at all, they don't have the spare budget to sign someone for big money in a position where they already have a top class first choice with plenty of miles left on the clock. Would have to be a huge offer too given how good he was last season and as far as we know, a lot of any fee will have to go to Angers (I don't think we've bought that clause out at any stage).
My understanding was we can buy it out at anytime, so would likely go hand in hand with the transfer if it was beneficial to us?

Negligent in a way that we didn't approach them (Maidenhead) after last season's window had closed and said here's a cheque for a £1m if we renegotiate the terms. Would they have turned it down?

Negligent in a way that we didn't approach them (Maidenhead) after last season's window had closed and said here's a cheque for a £1m if we renegotiate the terms. Would they have turned it down?
Probably yeah. Why would they agree to that when they'd just seen us turn £30m down?

Probably yeah. Why would they agree to that when they'd just seen us turn £30m down?
Players run down contracts and leave on free's so it was never guaranteed although more likely when he signed a new deal.

From this article:

Maidenhead United will get 10% of the transfer fee - which amounts to about £4m - after inserting a sell-on clause when selling Kilman to Wolves.

The clause was initially 20% but it was renegotiated in the interests of all three clubs to allow the deal to go through.

Back