• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We had self-imposed a budget of 2p though until Matheus the Rat left. That was the issue.
There was still time though wasn't there or did they think that Santi was the better option?

There was still time though wasn't there or did they think that Santi was the better option?
Think Santi was wheels within wheels, coming from Girona and with Nunes/Doyle going on at the same time

Gladbach always wanted to keep Elvedi if they could

Bueno was about being seen to get a bargain when hindsight suggests we didn't

Dawson/Toti/Mosquera/Bueno is a perfectly fine choice of CBs if we switch to a 4. Plus Elvedi if we have our eye on him still.

Do we need 5 though? Mosquera could get sold to Villareal for £20m+ to generate more funds I guess.

Dawson will inevitably miss games and Toti has a question mark over playing in a 4 so I'd like Mosquera to stay personally, not least because he has proven himself in a back four in a top league already.

Dawson/Toti/Mosquera/Bueno is a perfectly fine choice of CBs if we switch to a 4. Plus Elvedi if we have our eye on him still.

Do we need 5 though? Mosquera could get sold to Villareal for £20m+ to generate more funds I guess.

Dawson will inevitably miss games and Toti has a question mark over playing in a 4 so I'd like Mosquera to stay personally, not least because he has proven himself in a back four in a top league already.
Where are Villareal getting 20m from?

These can go for me:

Bellegarde (no idea where he plays and doesn't look very good)
Podence (surprised Olympiacos haven't just paid what we agreed. But someone should sign him, he had a decent season, the little shit)
Guedes (obviously. But will probably have to be a loan again because his stupid fee kills us on PSR if we sell him for a loss. The awful shit)
Fabio (go away)
Sarabia (earns too much for what he gives us and probably won't start many if everyone's fit)
Doherty (fuck off you fat bastard)
Bentley (need another GK of course if so but you can't have a situation where you don't trust your #2 keeper to play any games at all, which we don't)
Cundle (not a PL player)
Hodge (not even a Championship player)

Semedo, Hwang and Sa if we get daft bids. Santi if we sign two CHs. Hugo Bueno if O'Neil seriously doesn't fancy him as if so, there's no point him being here and just declining in value.

I've been resigned to Neto going for a while, if someone ponies up the cash he'll be off. I don't think RAN will go.

Even if Kilman was as good as some of the stats people think, £40m still seems reasonable

Doesn't have to be Villareal I just think that is what he's probably worth.
Maybe I read it wrong then, I thought you posted 'Mosquera could get sold to Villareal for 20m+
Personally I'd rather give him a go here.

We had three of those four (or the ability to have all four if we hadn't loaned out Yerson on his MLS return) and not once did we even try any two of them in a four. No way is it a good enough quartet for next season. The leader amongst that four is a journeyman CH past his prime - I'd quite happily take another with the same attributes but they need to be five years younger.

Summer 2023: Wolves reject €35m from Napoli despite having 3p in the transfer budget

TWF - You fucking idiots....we will never get a bid that big again for Max

Summer 2024 - West Ham bid £40m

[Insert smug Jeff picture with his cuppa here]

About level when you factor in inflation, salary, additional payment to Maidstone/Maidenhead, and league placement.

Never credit a Fosun drone.

I don't dislike him as much as some on here I think he's ok. He's not a £40m player though and I think we can replace him for less maybe even upgrade for less. If this means we get to keep a player like RAN or Neto who we would have otherwise had to sell then it's a massive win.
could that possibly be our only big sale this summer? If it means we keep Neto, RAN etc then outstanding

Could, but I'd be amazed. What it does mean is I don't think we'll sell anyone below where we consider the value, but I think we'd sell all of RAN, Neto, Hwang and Gomes if the price was right. They'd all be looked at whether they are decent value in isolation imo.

Could, but I'd be amazed. What it does mean is I don't think we'll sell anyone below where we consider the value, but I think we'd sell all of RAN, Neto, Hwang and Gomes if the price was right. They'd all be looked at whether they are decent value in isolation imo.
I think Neto fairly openly wants to leave if a CL team (especially an English one) comes in. He's also given us five years, albeit with a lot of football missed along the way.

Not sure those dynamics exist with any of the others.

I don't buy the Liverpool/RAN stuff at all, they don't have the spare budget to sign someone for big money in a position where they already have a top class first choice with plenty of miles left on the clock. Would have to be a huge offer too given how good he was last season and as far as we know, a lot of any fee will have to go to Angers (I don't think we've bought that clause out at any stage).

Back