• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

£37m is not that much in the modern game when you see how much some of these youngsters have been going for.

Again, its just personal opinion, i think we will miss him far more than people think, not for his captaining abilities but for his defensive quality. Hope we manage to get a good enough replacement in.

£37m is not that much in the modern game when you see how much some of these youngsters have been going for.

Again, its just personal opinion, i think we will miss him far more than people think, not for his captaining abilities but for his defensive quality. Hope we manage to get a good enough replacement in.
Most of those deals aren't real though. 1 club gives money and a player to another, they then give it back.

He isn't particularly great defensively. Easily replaced.

Replaced for £500 and you even get 20 of him...

Kilman.jpg

I think he's mostly solid defensively. The problem for me is that the bits that aren’t covered by 'mostly' he's a liability. He switches off and is likely to give away a goal at least once per game.

I've still not forgiven him for his egregiously bad defending that gifted Almiron a goal (can't even remember if it was last season or the season before). It was some of the worst defending I think I've ever seen.

He isn't particularly great defensively. Easily replaced.
I think Saiss is WAY better than Kilman, but this line was repeated over and over regarded Saiss, I don't think Prem quality defenders are so easy to find to be honest.

We've had some right chumps after Bennett, Saiss, Boly and Coady.

Kilman is a below average PL centre half, I hope we sell him. All that said given Dawson's age and decline when he did play last season, he is probably our best. Lots of work to do even if Mosquera stays and is decent.

I think it was personality we missed when Saïss left, along with similarly loud, experienced voices at the same time.

Kilman comes across as a decent bloke but…

I don't dislike him as much as some on here I think he's ok. He's not a £40m player though and I think we can replace him for less maybe even upgrade for less. If this means we get to keep a player like RAN or Neto who we would have otherwise had to sell then it's a massive win.

I don't dislike him as much as some on here I think he's ok. He's not a £40m player though and I think we can replace him for less maybe even upgrade for less. If this means we get to keep a player like RAN or Neto who we would have otherwise had to sell then it's a massive win.

My thoughts exactly. He's far too limited to be worth that much, and he's not exactly a 'young' player either. Very good deal for us assuming it goes through.

Vital we get a CB in ASAP mind you.

£40m for a decent but flawed CB is stellar business. He might be one of the most frustrating players in a Wolves shirt in the last few seasons for me. Clearly has some ability, but so prone to concentration lapses and defensive mistakes, and absolutely not a leader. Unless he leads by thought transference...

Who here thought that we would get a second chance to sell Kilman for big money ? We all thought that last year's bid by Napoli would not be repeated , but it has and more .
The key - as stated above in a previous post - is that we might now not need to sell both Neto and RAN ( if that was the idea ) .

Will we buy another centre back now ? We have an aging Dawson , Toti , Mosquera and Santi.........doesn't read great does it . We need another I think as our next purchase .

It seems like we do have CB targets lined up (which made me confident we were selling Kilman for weeks now).

Back